8: Get The Fuck Off My Front Porch

ابدأ من البداية

"Aw this is so touching," Russell said.

"Shut up!" Sookie and I both yelled.

"This is going to be a long afternoon," I mumbled.

Sookie and I were painting each other's nails when Russell started trying to convince us to release him.

"I could give you all the money you'd need," Russell said.

"My entire family is dead, my sister and I are doing pretty well for ourselves," I said.

"What about your house?" Sookie asked.

"Oh yeah I love that house," I said.

"Fine," Russell agreed. "And I can kill Bill Compton and Eric Northman or neither or both."

"Neither!" I said at the same time Sookie said, "Both."

"Neither," She sighed.

"What do we have to do?" I asked.

"Release me."

"Nope," I said. "Now Sook, which colors do you want for the designs?" I asked.

"Some vampire is going to kill you one day," Russell said.

"Probably," I shrugged.

Sookie grabbed his glass urn full of dead Talbot. "Now that's just gross," I said.

"He was the love of my life," Russell said.

"Yeah but he's going to start smelling," I said.

Sookie walked over to the sink and poured him down the drain. She started laughing.

"Ok Sook, I think you're getting a little too much pleasure out of that. Please hurry that sound is making me nauseas."

"All done," She said happily.

"Have fun with that?" I asked.

"Maybe a little."

I shuddered. "That is just so nasty!"

OoOoO

A while later Ginger showed up and we were talking.

"So how long have you been working here?" I asked.

"I don't remember," She said.

"Oh, how'd you get the job?" I asked instead.

"Um, I don't remember."

Does she know anything? I asked Sookie. She laughed.

I got a flash.

"Alcide's here!" I said happily.

He walked through the door. Ginger screamed.

"Dear lord Ginger! Calm down," Sookie said.

"Sorry."

"I told you you'd see me around," I said to Alcide.

"Yeah you did. Eric called said he needed my help."

"Oh."

"What?"

"Nothing," I shrugged.

"I'll go get ya'll something to drink," Ginger said.

"I'll go help you," Sookie said getting up and following her.

"How's Janice?" I asked.

"She's doing fine."

"That's good. I really liked her, she was nice."

"She seemed to like you too," Alcide laughed. "I've been thinking about you a lot."

"I've been thinking about you too. But can we not talk about this in my boyfriend's bar?"

"Yeah. It's just good to see you. I would hate it if we never saw each other again."

I sighed. "Don't. Why do you have to be so perfect all the time?"

"I can't help it."

Russell laughed. "And once a month he turns into a wolf and eats things."

"Last time I checked you weren't part of this conversation," I snapped. "They just woke up."

We sat quietly until they came upstairs.

"You're here," Eric said to Alcide. "Did you bring you truck?"

"Yep."

Eric stopped to kiss me, as if to show Alcide that I was still his.

"Let's go dog," Eric said.

"Come on Rachel, we should be getting back to Bon Temps," Sookie said.

OoOoO

Later Bill came to visit us after he had done whatever it was they were doing. "Is Russell dead?" Sookie asked.

"He might as well be," Bill said.

"Where's Eric? He said he'd call."

Bill hesitated. "Eric is gone."

"Gone?" I asked.

"I ended him."

"You…what? How could you? Why?"

"Why would you do that?" Sookie asked.

"He knows what you are. Everyone who has tasted either of you must die," Bill said. "Eric, Pam, The queen, Russell."

"Don't you think it would've been a good idea to clear this with me first?" I asked.

"I can't believe you did that," Sookie said.

Then there were footsteps on the porch. Eric was standing there covered in concrete. I ran outside and hugged him not caring he was covered in grey gunk.

"Did you tell Sookie how you were sent her by the queen to find her?" Eric asked. "Or how you let to people beat her so you could feed her your blood?"

"Is it true?" Sookie asked.

Bill nodded. "But I fell in love with you."

"You don't get the right to use that word. Get out of my house, I resend your invitation. And Eric you get the fuck off my porch."

They both left and I followed Sookie back inside she was crying again. "Come here," I said. I hugged her and let her cry on my shoulder.

"I have to go. I need to go to the cemetery," Sookie said.

"You want me to come with you?" I asked.

"No that's alright. You should go on and get some sleep, I'll see you in the morning."

"Alright. Good night."

I went upstairs and got ready for bed. I had a bad feeling; it wasn't exactly a flash but something close. I was so tried I didn't feel like wondering around trying to figure out what was wrong. I collapsed into bed and fell asleep.