30 | Is That A Promise?

"Perfect— absolute perfection."

The compliment had Alana grinning from ear to ear as she removed the headphones and placed them back onto the little table inside the recording studio. Grabbing her phone as well as the music sheets that were littered with scribbles, she exited the live booth back to the control room where everyone was sitting.

"Let's play it back and then decide from there," suggested Adrian as soon as Alana reentered the room, taking a seat on the plush leather couch. Nodding to the audio technician, whose name was Alec, the room was soon filled with Alana's beautiful singing accompanied by melodious instrumentals.

Alana closed her eyes as her voice flowed through the speakers. This album was very dear to her heart. From the intro to the outro, it was almost as if it were telling a story— her story to be exact. But it wasn't focused on the negatives. Instead, she wanted to tell her story in a way where she showcased all the good that came out of what had happened, hoping it would inspire anyone who listened.

All 13 songs were on final review and were almost completed. Alana, being the perfectionist that she was, refused to put out anything that she was not completely satisfied with, which was why she was really taking her time with this, knowing her fans would understand.

Even Adrian, who was one of the producers for this album, was impressed by how dedicated she was when it came to her music. This was the first time they were working together, and despite having grown up with one another, this was a side Adrian had never seen before.

"Wow," was all they had to say as the song came to an end. Even Alana had a small smile on her face as she was satisfied with how it had turned out.

Not a hundred percent satisfied yet because there was still more that could be done.

Again, she was a perfectionist.

"I think I can try something a little different for the second chorus— maybe a little vocal arrangement— because right now, it just feels a bit plain and repetitive," Alana suggested, to which Adrian nodded.

"Let's try that then— you good to do that now?"

Before she could say yes, her phone began ringing.

"Yeah— just give me a sec, your sister's calling me," Alana gave Adrian an apologetic look, to which Adrian waved off with a knowing smile. He understood that Marianne was feeling a bit anxious about her wedding, especially with the day coming up, which was why she was constantly blowing up Alana's phone.

"He-"

Before Alana could even finish greeting her crazy best friend, she was already interrupted.

"Can you please tell your boyfriend to stop trying to convince Jayce to walk down the aisle in board shorts and socks and sandals," Marianne quickly spit out, the stress in her voice evident. "My idiotic fiancé is actually considering it."

"Hey, I heard that," shouted Jayce from the background.

Alana had to stifle her giggle to stop herself from bursting into laughter at how serious Marianne sounded.

"Why do I have to do it? He's your brother."

"Yeah, well, he's your boyfriend." Marianne let out an exasperated sigh. "You know he'll only listen to you."

Alana chuckled, shaking her head. "Alright, alright— I'll talk to him. But only because I love you."

"Oh, thank god," Marianne breathed out a sigh of relief. "Anyways, my little hard-working-best-friend-whose-album-is-probably-going-to-sell-out-within-minutes-after-it's-release-and-jump-straight-to-number-1," spitted out Marianne as she said all of that in one breath, before pausing a few seconds to catch her breath. "I know you're probably in the studio, so I'll leave you to your work."