5am

My phone normally doesnt ring until past noon so when I get a ring from Rosa at five am I was mildly concerned.

I didn't answer her call, not because I didn't want to speak to her but because a call between us is code for "answer your texts". She definitely knows I'm not an early riser so this better be good.

Text chain:

Rosa- "J are you awake?"

Rosa- "J wake up. It's morning"

Rosa- "Wanna go for a walk?"

Oh you have to be kidding me. Who wakes up at five in the morning to excersize?

J- "Girl. Can't a man get some rest?"

Rosa- "But... I wanna walk around before school. Victor will be there."

J- "Fine. But next time you wake me at 5am I will actually throw hands."

Rosa- "Love you too. ❤💋"

Rosa and Victor were aparently out with a head start because they meet me at my front door a few minutes later. They both look ready for the day while I'm not even changed yet. I answer the door in a pair of boxer briefs.

"Jeremiah, I told you to put clothes on. We have company." Rosa glares at me.

Victor blushes and tries not to look down. "Were you on my street when you were texting me?"

"May-be" I roll my eyes and pop four egos in the toaster.

"Here have some waffles while I make myself presentable." I walk back to my room and throw on the first pair of pants I find laying on the floor along with a baggy sweater.

"Victor! It's literally winter outside. Where is your coat." Victor forces a smile.

"I don't have one." I run to my room and retrieve a heavy grey jacket from my closet.

"Here. I won't walk until you put this on."

"You might not see it yet but you're getting more and more like your mother." Rosa giggles.

We leave the house and venture out into the cold suburbs. Most of the walk is silent until we make It to the park. Rosa and victor park their butts on the swing set, and I follow unsure what else to do with myself.

"I didn't realize you were a morning person like Rosa. Remind me again how she's not your type?"

Victor rolls his eyes at me and pushes himself off the ground. "Well maybe if she were a bit more androgynous and sported an eight inch strap on I might be more intrigued." My eyes went wide and Rosa choked on her water.

"Your basically describing Jeremiah." Victor's face turned bright red. Despite his Hispanic skin tone his blush is unmatched.

"Rosa! My dick isn't 8 inches. I could never compete with that." Victor looks me up and down and continues to swing.

"What? You disappointed I'm not a woman with big strap energy?" I dont know why this sudden urge to tease him washed over me. It almost felt as if maybe we were friends.

"I never said it HAD to be a woman."

"So you are gay! I knew it."

Victor stopped his swing and put his hands on his hips. "Ok , we both know that is bi erasure. I still like pussy. But I will admit I'm on a bit of a boy crazy streak right now."

"I legit thought you were straight." Victor looked around for a moment.

Rosa busted out in meniacle laughter. "I'm going to take a piss behind the Bush. Wait right here." What was with Rosa and pissing behind bushes lately?"

"So, Jeremiah..."

"Yeah?"

"How has counciling been going?"

"You dont have to ask me in private anymore, I took Rosa to one of my appointments. But it's been going well. I just got into a psychiatrist. They're talking about putting me on some antipsychotics. How is your anxiety?"

"Hey that's wonderful! And it could be better. I've been working on getting a 504 plan so I can go for walks throughout the school day to reduce my anxiety."

Rosa appears out from behind the bush with a fresh flower in her hair. "Whatcha talkin about?"

Victor looks over at me and smiles. "Just checking up on eachother."

"Good. That's good to hear. We should probably start walking to school though. Bell rings in half an hour."