so that's why he could see hearts around people.

that's why he could see sparks flying around.

that's why relationships seemed so easy for him to read.

that's because he was the son of the goddess of love.

how stupid could he be.

"of course..." he mumbled, looking at chenle and jisung's backs, and seeing bright pink hearts flying out from jisung to chenle, but breaking when they hit an imaginary wall around hermes' son.

this meant that jisung liked chenle, but that chenle didn't like jisung back.

how could he not understand that before?

chenle turned around, flashing donghyuck a bright smile. "you're coming?"

"yeah, yeah!" donghyuck exclaimed before running back to chenle and jisung, thinking about a way to help them figure out their feelings.

"what?" mark barked at zeus' son.

"nothing."

"then stop glaring at me."

"i can't." jeno replied. "you're unbearable."

mark rolled his eyes, continuing to walk without caring about jeno.

"i don't like the idea of being with you as much as you do." mark spoke after a while.

"great, then don't bother me anymore."

"seriously, what is your problem?"

jeno scoffed. "my problem? what is my problem?"

"yeah. you're getting excited over nothing." mark raised a brow.

"i fucking hate you mark. and i do not trust you." jeno spat. "i hate the fact that you're trying to get close to donghyuck."

"and... can i know why?"

"because you're hades' son. you're nothing good."

"are you trying to say that my origins define who i am?" mark scoffed. "because that's absolutely not true."

"you're the same as your father. a disaster, a pain in the ass, a jerk, a traitor, a dangerous man, a useless piece of shit, a brainless soul..."