Chapter 26

"No Camila, I didn't." Lauren said softly and looked down at the ground. Camila was the one that designed the whole house. But there was no way that Lauren could tell her that without scaring her off.

Camila felt the pit of her stomach drop as her thoughts continued, finally piecing together a portion of the puzzle. Lauren is always sad, she is living in a huge 3 bedroom and 3 bathroom house by herself, the taste and style of the house matched hers completely and was basically a picture of what her dream house would be, and everyone kept insisting that she was in love with Lauren.

No, this could not be happening. What she was thinking was going to be totally wrong; it had to be… there was no way that this was going to be true.

"Lauren…" Camila’s voice cracked as Lauren connected their eyes again, this time neither of them dropped their gaze. "This is our…our bedroom is… isn't it?"

Lauren didn't have to say a word, as soon as she dropped her gaze to the floor; Camila knew that she was right. Camila wasn't sure what came over her, but all of a sudden she felt vulnerable, extremely vulnerable and the tears started to fall from her eyes nonstop.

"Camz... baby, don't cry please…" Lauren said in a loving voice, she didn't like it when Camila cried. Lauren took a few strides and closed the distance between them. She carefully, wrapped her arms around Camila’s waist and shoulders, and tucked her head under her chin. Camila placed her arms between their torsos with her hands resting on her chest, and continued to cry. Lauren slowly rocked her back and forth, taking in her sweet scent.

They stood there in each other’s arms for the first time in a really long time, since the accident had first happened. Lauren had felt Camila’s body finally relax into her like when she still knew who she was, and a small smile spread across her lips genuinely for the first time too.

Lauren closed her eyes and took one last inhalation of her intoxicating scent and started to release the hug that she had started. Camila immediately tensed up and looked up at her through her red, watery eyes. "Lauren, please…" she trailed off and Lauren knew that she didn't want her to let go.

Lauren took her hand, and walked over to the bed. She sat down on it, and leaned against the backboard getting herself comfortable then grabbed Camila's hand and pulled her onto the bed too.

Camila sat between Lauren’s  legs sideways, and had her knees up with her feet on the other side of Lauren's leg. She laid her head on her chest and pulled her arms close to her body. "Shhh…" Lauren ran her arm up and down Camila’s arm slowly, as her silent sobs continued to soak into her shirt.

"Why don't I know you?" Camila spoke in a very soft voice that was barely audible even in the stillness of the house. Lauren closed her eyes and leaned her head back against the headboard. She had been wondering the exact same thing since the day that she woke up in the hospital. Why was her basically the only thing that Camila couldn't remember? What had she done to deserve this?

"I don't know Camz, I really don't. I mean, you are the most important thing in my life, and I was the same to you, or so I thought I was, until the accident. It killed me, and is still killing me that I was the only thing that you couldn't remember." Lauren confessed quietly as well, matching her tone.