"go look for jeno. i'll protect him in the meantime."

jisung glared at the boy. "in your wildest dreams, mark." he spat.

mark span his huge scythe in his hand before pointing it at a fury, a black lightning appearing between the end of the scythe and the fury, killing it on the spot and making it fall to the ground miserably.

"i have the ability to protect him." mark said.

"but i don't want to- "

an explosion was heard just next to them, making chenle and jisung flinch, and making donghyuck throw himself in the arms of the closest person which happened to be mark.

"go, find jeno!" mark yelled, using his scythe to push another monster away.

"what?! no! we- "

"ji..." chenle interrupted jisung. "we don't have much time."

against his will, jisung nodded in mark's direction, and ran back in the crowd, followed by chenle so that they could find jeno.

"i-i'm scared..." donghyuck said, his body still glued to mark's.

"don't worry, everything will be alright." mark reassured him. "come with me."

donghyuck allowed mark to take his hand and pull him towards a less crowdy place.

they got into the glade where they had met for the first time very quick.

"they won't find you there." mark said.

"b-but... what if they do?"

"then, we'll fight." mark replied, stressing donghyuck even more.

"fight?! but i don't know- "

"shh!" mark cut donghyuck by placing a hand on his mouth.

donghyuck looked around, wide-eyed, his body restrained from moving because of mark's grasp on him.

donghyuck glanced at hades' son, finding the way he was worriedly looking around too hot to handle.

"fuck!" mark exclaimed, letting donghyuck go.

"w-what?"

mark didn't answer; instead, he hit the ground with the end of his scythe, making the earth move underneath their feet, as if it was coming to life.

donghyuck jumped on mark once again when black things – donghyuck honestly didn't want to know what they were – got out of the earth between their feet and flew away.

"what was that?"

before mark could answer, three chimeras appeared in the glade, circling mark and donghyuck.