Life's Good Part 2

We pulled up to my driveway. I walked around my car so I could open her door for her. "Thanks Jake" she said.
"No problem, baby."
She smiled when I said it, so that's why I call her that. I just love to see her smile. I took her hand and guided her up the path to my doorstep. I let go of her hand to open the door.
"Hold on a sec babe. " I told her. She nodded and waited patiently. I unlocked the door and let her in.
"Thanks" she said.
I walked in and touched her elbow, kinda signaling her to follow me. I walked into the office where my mom was working on her computer. "Hey mom" I said. I went up and hugged her.
"Hi sweetheart. Your home early." She replied.
"Yeah, I guess" I replied.
"Hey mom this is Kayden." I introduced them. "Hello, Kayden, that's a beautiful name dear." My mom said.
"Thanks you Ms. Mariette. You have a lovely house."
My mom smiled.
"Thank you dear. I'm gonna make you both a snack." And she walked out to the kitchen. I took Kaydens hand and went to my room. She sat In my desk chair. I was on my bed.
"Come here babe" I reached for her. She came and sat next to me. I put both my arms around her and kissed her cheek.
"Hi babe" I said.
She laughed.
"Hi Jake." She replied.
I put my head on here and we kinda just sat there.
Suddenly my phone rang. I picked it up and saw the caller id. My breath hitched in my throat when I saw it was my ex Amanda. I didn't know whether to answer it or not, so I decided to just ignore it.
"Why aren't you getting the phone?" Hayden asked me. I tucked it under my leg.
"No reason babe, I just don't wanna get distracted. Plus I'm with you. " I said.
My mom suddenly knocked on the door and I let out a sigh if relief. Thank goodness