Hailee didn't know what to say. A celebrity was sitting next to her. Not just any celebrity, but one who she was irritated by. One that mocked her, just by her presence alone. Especially with that smile.

"Not to come off as rude or anything, but there are many seats. Even Shawn offered you a seat next to him. Why didn't you take it?" Hailee asked trying very hard to keep her voice quiet.

"He bullied that guy into giving up his seat, plus you were the only one not looking at me like I was me" Y/n shrugged.  "I'm Y/n by the way" she smiled, pulling her eyes away from the board and turned towards the young girl. She extended her hand to shake.

"I know who you are" Hailee said a bit annoyed but nevertheless took the older girls hand. "Hailee" she introduced herself. Hailee pulled away quickly when she felt something weird on her hand. Like an electric shock of some sort. Even y/n raised a brow. Hailee wondered if she felt it too.

"Nice to meet you Hailee" Y/n said sweetly. "I hope we can be friends" She said, and Hailee thought in that moment that she heard Y/n's voice give off a sad pitch.

"You're very straight forward aren't you?" Hailee sighed. She saw the look in Y/ns face. It was only for a second, but it was enough time for Hailee to see that once perfect smile fade before it returned.

"I don't know how to be anything else" Y/n whispered under her breath, but Hailee heard it. Y/n cleared her throat, and shook her head.

Hailee turned back to face the front of the class. As hard as she tried to pay attention to what the teacher was saying, Hailee couldn't. Not when Y/n Y/Ln was sitting right beside her. It was hard for Hailee not to look at the beautiful girl from the corner of her eyes.

Hailee will admit that y/n was more beautiful in person than what magazines and tv shows made her look. There was something about the natural lighting that gave y/n the perfect glow. She was wearing light natural make up, that Hailee thought was professionally done by her glam squad, and her outfit wasn't something she would picture y/n wearing. Nothing in Y/n's outfit screamed designer, but a regular outfit you could buy anywhere.

Her jaw line was sharp and her eyes were bigger making the color of her eyes pop more. However, they weren't bright or vibrant and they weren't giving off that glow she would often see in pictures. Instead her eyes looked... dull, and lifeless. Even if y/n was smiling, her eyes weren't. In some strange way it reminded Hailee of a doll.

"Now you want to write this down because it is important for the project." The teacher instructed. Hailee only sighed grabbing her backpack and pulling out her notebook.

She turned the pages one after another, before fanning the entire booklet. Her eyes widen when she noticed every single piece of paper was written front and back. She grabbed her bag and dug around but she didn't have another notebook. With a quiet groan she ran her fingers through her hair.

A few clean pieces of paper slid onto her desk. Hailee raised a brow and turned to the girl next to her.

"Uh, thanks" Hailee said.

"Anytime" Y/n smiled. "Do you need a pen?" She asked. Hailee dug around her bag some more until she felt nothing of a writing utensil. Once again y/n placed one on Hailee's desk. Hailee nodded her head slightly as another sign of thanks, and y/n waved her off.

"So this project is a bucket list. You and a partner will work on this for the rest of the school year, this is your final project." The teach said.

Hailee saw y/n's body tense up. Her fist clenched tightly to the pen she was holding that she could have sworn it would snap at any given moment. She saw the older girl bite the bottom of her lip, then finally let out a breath.