2|

2| AMELIA

"Why does it seem like everyone is sneaking looks and whispering about me?" I asked Eli. He sits beside me in first period. I have four of my six classes with him.

"Well, believe it or not, they came up with this rumor that we hooked up during the summer." He said, glancing up from his notebook with a small smile. No doubt finding it amusing.

I sighed. "The things people come up with."

"I guess I understand why they think we'd date, I mean, we're both very good looking, they just figured we'd bless the planet with beautiful babies, you know?" He said grinning, some would say he's flirting with me, but he's just being the silly idiot that we all know and like.

I slapped his chest. "Oh, shut up. Your giving everyone the idea that we actually are dating."

"Yeah, well, even if we aren't actually dating, they'd still come up with ideas, and most likely give us a ship-name."

"A fanboy! Wow, now that's something." I gasped.

"Hey, just because I'm a pretty boy, doesn't mean I'm the usual hot-but-dumb guys." He said grinning ear to ear.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Williams." I said, sitting down, just as the bell rang.

"Oh, are you discreetly asking for something, Quincy?" He smirked, whispering to me just as the teacher stands up and introduces herself like she does every year, at the first day of school.

"Oh, for all we know, you're the one that's discreetly asking for something. I mean, sure, I wouldn't mind being the reason you're breaking your record of never asking girls out. That would just be a huge scandal wouldn't it?" I retorted.

Before he could reply, the teacher, whose name I think started with an A, interrupted. "Ms. Quincy, would you like to share your heated conversation with Mr. Williams to the class?"

Oh, wow, the first time I get in trouble. And it's about a "heated conversation" with Eli. Imagine what the student body would say about that?

Well, it's not like I care.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again. Mr. Williams here stole my pen, and I was trying to make him give it back." I said with the sweetest and most innocent smile I could muster.

"Oh, I'm sorry Ms. Quincy. Mr. Williams if you may, please return Ms. Quincy's pen." The teacher, who's name I still don't know, asked Eli gently but with a hidden sternness in her voice.

"Here you go, Quincy." Eli said, handing me a pen.

Smooth, Williams. Real smooth.

"And I'm sorry." He smiles at the teacher, charmingly.

Well, I guess we could both lie pretty well.