Chapter 59: A PEEK OF INKO'S PAST WITH A BIT OF SHINSO VS SHIOZAKI

Beginne am Anfang

'Izukun!!! I knew you could do it!'

Then a flood of memories rushes back to her. From the unhappy time of her marriage with an unknown man her parents have chosen to the first time, she laid her eyes upon her little green angel.

FLASHBACK STARTS

INKO'S POV STARTS

I grew up in a traditional family where men are above women, where sons are their children and daughters are their merchandise to be sold to other powerful families through marriage. To survive, I hid my talent and acted like a naive, dense, and borderline idiot daughter, sibling to win their pity, their fondness. However, I still couldn't escape the arranged marriage as I was sold to the Wakiyaku, to the man who is 5 years older than me but acts like an uneducated brain-dead dog.

After the wedding and that one time where I had to fulfill my role as a wife, he's gone most of the time as he spent his family fortune on drinks, food, and women. I didn't care and still don't, he could have other children on the outside for all I care, I only focus on brushing up on my skill as a lawyer to escape from him, his family as well as mine. Along the way, I was pregnant and gave birth to the adorable baby boy who later became the sole light of my life.

When I still carried Izuku within me, I had mixed feelings.

'The baby might be a burden on my plan to escape this hell.'

'However, I need him to stall time but...'

'...could I even love him? My son?'

Then, when I first held him in my arms, first saw his intelligent forest eyes and his innocent smile, I knew I would be willingly forever trapped in this hell just for him to smile to be happy.

After Izuku came into my life, everything started looking for me. I reconnected with my long-time childhood friend, Mitsuki, who supported me in my studies and helped look after my angel when I was needed elsewhere. I successfully got a job as an assistant of an old famous lawyer who is respectful toward women and wished for me to be his successor.

I finally got a stable job and income, got almost all of the women and some younger generations of my old family into my side to renew the old and useless tradition of the family. Sometimes, I wanted to stop, to take a break, just to give up

'Maybe the younger one would be more successful than me...'

'Maybe I could just run away... but they could catch me...'

'What if we lose? What if I lose?... What would happen to my Izukun?'

"Mama?"

A sweet voice cut my thought as I looked up to the cutest baby face of my adorable son. But I could say anything as my emotion had drained up and my throat was swollen with swallowed tears.

"Are you having any ouchies?"

He reached out his chubby little hands to feel my forehead as my eyes swelled up with tears

"Mama doesn't feel hot..."

He continued to stare at me till I finally looked up at him

"Maybe Mama hurts here... like me?"

My sweet angel, my little sunshine gave me the most broken smile ever as he touched his left chest where his heart should be

"Does Mama feel hurt here? Like me when Kacchan started to act mean and rude toward me?"

My eyes widen as those words hit me