Chapter V

It was relatively easy to fight the baron's relative company. They seized the fort and captured the beloved one of the baron alive. Later, after the victory they began drilling the new soldiers to prepare them for a possible attack of the baron in the next days.

Friedrich was talking to Apollo in the keep.

"Tell me, Apollo, do you think we could have sufficient time to instruct our new soldiers and make them equal in professionalism to the baron's forces?" Friedrich said as he nervously walked around the room.

"Well, sir Friedrich, we cannot make them equal in said thing, nor we cannot be equal in numbers. But do not worry too much about that, for the Writer will show us the way." Apollo said calmly, being a firm-defender of his idea that the world was a stage, and everyone merely players.

"Huh?" He suddenly halted and looked at Apollo and said "Who is that 'Writer'? Is it God Almighty?"

"No, sir, and I cannot really explain this. You could not understand." Apollo said in response.

"You are frightening and strange. No offense, though." Friedrich began walking again.

"I know I am." Apollo said as he got up then began walking to the door. He added "I will go keep reading about the fascinating stories of H. P. Lovecraft."

"What? Who is that?" Friedrich once again halted and looked at Apollo.

"What are you talking about?" Apollo rubbed his head as he asked that.

"You mentioned someone called... uh... 'Lovecraft'."

"I do not know what you are talking about." Apollo slightly shook his head and left the room.

Friedrich blinked once, then twice, then thrice, and then began walking in circles again. That Apollo really is strange.