Tate nodded. "So, another week of your prison sentence?"

"Another week." I nod and take a bite of the cereal. Humming at the sweet taste of the honey.

Tate shrugged like he wasn't surprised. "They've held people for a lot longer than that."

Something in my stomach sank. Had they done this to other women? Forced them in and then wooed them with their world? With adrenaline and the rush of having both of them want you? I blinked. Why did I care? I'd known them a damned week. None of this mattered. Once this next week was up, I was out of here. I'd never see either of them again.

"So since you're Arrow's cousin," I smiled sweetly and Tate's eyebrow rose. "You think you could get me out of this house for a while?"

"Oh god," he groaned and set his bowl down with a thud. The milk sloshed but didn't leave the bowl. "He'd kill me."

"He's never even here! We'll be back way before he is. He'll never know." I plead. The only time I'd been out of here was to go to the damned club and that was not my idea of going out. I needed fresh air. Food that I didn't make. I needed to see someone else's face. I needed to hear the cars and horns and shouts that echoed around the city.

Tate stared at me for a minute before he pulled a set of keys out of his pocket. "Go get dressed, Trouble."

***

It was freezing outside but I rolled the window down in Tate's LEXUS. The air bit at my cheeks but I was so thrilled to be out of that damned house that I didn't care.

Tate cranked the heat and the radio as we drove into the city. Only turning it down to ask me where I wanted to go. I gave him the directions to my favorite café on the north side of town. He seemed to know it because he nodded his head once and cranked "Brass Monkey" by the Beastie Boys back up.

"You coming in?" I asked when Tate parked outside the café. He nodded, unlocking his seatbelt and slipping out.

He held the door open for me and we walked inside. The smell of dark roasted coffee wound around me and I nearly groaned. I'm pretty sure there's nothing better than the smell of a café in the morning.

The place was relatively empty, it was late in the morning, almost eleven. Tate and I went up the counter and placed an order. The pretty woman at the counter batted her eyelashes at Tate and stared at him even as I ordered my coffee and muffin. By the time Tate stopped flirting with her, he'd gotten her number and I'd finished my muffin.

He gave me a sly grin as we walked back out to the car. "Don't give me that look." He shook his head as he slipped into his car.

"What look?" I asked innocently.

Tate smiled as he backed the car out of the spot. "All judging."

"I'm not judging!" I said smiling and sipping my coffee.

"Good," Tate nodded. "Because you're the one living with the two biggest mob bosses in the city."

I choke on my coffee. "You do know!"

Tate laughs. "He's my cousin for fucks sake. Do I look that dense?"

I shake my head quickly. "No- I just_" I cut myself off. Not sure there's anyway to come back from this. "I don't know what I thought, I'm the dense one apparently."

"I'm just giving you shit." He turns the car onto the highway. "Where to next?"

"Take the next left."

***

We pulled back into the estate around seven. The fall sky was already pitch black.

Tate and I had gone to my favorite spot outside the city. Some trails in the forest that led down to huge beautiful river. This time of year, the trails were littered with orange and red leaves. The air was cold enough to keep you cool as you walked but not cold enough to freeze. There weren't many places like it in cities this big. It was beautiful but this time of year was the best by far.

"You leaving?" I push the door of Tate's car open and step out. He opens his door and walks around the car.

"Nah, I'll wait around for Arrow." He says as we start for the front door.

He opens it for me and steps aside, letting me step inside. The house is dark. And I can hear Tate behind me fumbling for a light near my head. I laugh when his palm knocks against the side of my head.

"Oh fuck," He chuckles, finally flipping on the light and looking down at me. He presses his thumb into my temple with a teasing grin. I smack his hand away, rubbing the side of my head.

"Watch yourself, kid." I scold, shoving him with my shoulder. He barely moves but he starts to step away from me when a voice booms through the entryway.

"Hmm, you should watch yourself, Tate."