Introduction

"Mom, I'm leaving now," I say putting on my shoes.

"Ok dear- oh wait, can you bring this to your father please," my mom said while handing me a bento box.

"He forgot it again this morning," I say rolling my eyes.

"Yes he did now hurry up," my mom says slightly chuckling.

"Ok later mom," I run out the door.

"Bye hunny," mom said giving me a heartwarming smile as I walked out the door.

Little did I know, that would be the last time I ever saw it...

TIMESKIP

"DADDDDDDDYYYYY WHERE ARE YOU"

Suddenly, I hear a grunt and books falling along with a big thud. I ran towards the noise to see my dad laying on the floor covered in books. I couldn't help but laugh.

"You ok old man," I say taunting him.

"Aiya, you little brat,  don't just laugh and help me up please," he says groaning while sitting up.

I laughed even more as I bent down to pick up all the books and place them back neatly on the shelf.

"Daddy"

"Yes hun, what is it"

"Why are you spending so much time in the library now, what are you trying to research here."

My father looked taken back a bit and then smiled. He patted my head and looked at me with proud eyes.

"I guess I can't put anything past you huh"

"Nope," I smiled.

"Geez, well if you must know, im researching an old scroll within our clan. I came to realize that it has been missing for some time."

"Can I help you," I say with hope in my voice.

"Well, they always say 2 is better than 1 so why not," dad said smiling.

"Great, I'll start over there," I say about to run off, "wait I almost forgot." I stuck out the bento box that was still in my hand and gave it to him.

"This is from mom"

My dad took the box and looked at it with hunger shown in his eyes.

"Thank you," he said, "oh, and make sure you don't leave a mess while searching."

"Hmph, I should be telling you that old man, and you never told me what scroll im looking for anyway."

"Oh right, sorry my bad," he scratches behind his neck while nervously laughing.

"You can't miss it, it is a red scroll with gold in-bedded lines on the corner"

"Then are you sure it's here, I mean you have been looking for weeks"

"Just call it a hunch," he says, "plus, maybe im not the right person to find it."

This left me very confused. I don't know why but I didn't question it. Instead, I began my search for the scroll.

After some time, you would think I was going to give up but no, I was more determined than ever now. Huh, I guess I got that from my father.

"Aiya it's getting late, time to head home now," my dad calls out to me.

"Dad can I stay a little while longer," I pleaded with the puppy dog eyes I knew he couldn't resist.

"But-," he took a deep breath and sighed. "Fine but you better be back home in an hour top young lady or you'll have to deal with me," dad said trying to be intimidating.