To Great Recoveries and Luck

Start from the beginning

Once she had calmed down, Gabby had fallen back asleep and Rosalie had laid the girl back down on the bed, covering her body with the sheets.

Jasper stood by the door, listening to her wracking sobs. The torturous pain she felt was indescribable and he wished he could go up to her and hold her. The others had gone out to hunt as Rose and Jasper volunteered to stay and care for the girl.

What he would give to keep her safe.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

That afternoon, Gabby woke up to see Rose still in her bedroom, she now held knitting needles as she wove light pink wool into... a scarf? Looking up, Rose smiled softly and stood from her spot.

"How are you feeling?"

"Much better, thank you."

"That's good, let's get you cleaned up. You'll feel so much better once you get washed and dressed in clean clothes."

When Rose had drawn up the bath for Gabby and sat her down. She left to get some clothes, promising that she'll be back soon with something to eat and to wear.

She sat staring at the white tiled wall, the shower curtain covering her from anyone who would enter the bathroom. And so she let out a sob. A soft one, as she curled up into herself. She was still in pain. Her shoulders were throbbing in pain as well as her arm and her neck. Oh, don't get her started on her neck, it felt like hot lava dripped down whenever she moved. But as she looked at her arms, there were no marks or bites, just long red streaks of scratches and bruises that were fading.

It almost made her think that what Rose Cullen was true, that she was found knocked out near a forest clearing. It wasn't new for her to be found passed in the forest. Especially with a memory block, the million times she was found by Jacob and the others, passed out near the forest clearing with no recollections of how she got there.

Her wrinkling fingers was her indication to get out before she pruned and she grabbed a towel as she stepped out of the bath, draining the water. Wrapping the towel around herself, Gabby listened to the hushed conversation outside.

"Let her have some time to calm down, Jas."

Rosalie.

"I can feel her hurt from the woods, Rose. I can't just sit here and do nothing,"

Jasper.

"Jasper, let her calm down, she'll come down when she's ready."

Edmund.

"I think we've kept her for too long, I'm sure she'd love to go back home."

Dr Cullen.

Moving away from the bedroom door when its doorknob jingled, she hobbled over back to the bathroom and to the sink where she splashed cold water onto her face, letting the cool liquid refresh her warm face. Rosalie softly knocked on the door, smiling as she set the clothes down on the basket top.