Chapter 67 - What's Happening?

Start from the beginning

"We were informed by your guardian you were. The doctor did an ultrasound while you were still unconscious and the baby is fine. Everything looks healthy and normal and you sustained no abdominal issues. We just need to keep you calm. You were out for quite a while and have a pretty substantial bump on your head. You'll have to stay to be monitored."

TangShi exhaled with relief, sliding her hand to her belly and covering it instinctively, filled with warmth. A tear rolling down her cheek with utter relief and a sudden intense ball of emotion growing inside of her. The urge to sob even though she was happy and the memory of Rong admitting he never touched her came slicing through it all. Making her think of how YuZhi would react when she told him and suddenly she felt like she needed to do it right now.

"My guardian, when will he get here?" TangShi was confused about how long she had been here or how far away from home they were. She had no idea where Rong took them at all.

"They said he was on route about ten minutes after you got here." The nurse applied some band aids to minor cuts she had cleaned and took TangShi's hand. Feeling for the girl, who was pale and trembling and had been through an awful ordeal.

TangShi's tears let loose. Knowing YuZhi was coming and she was okay, the baby was okay, and everyone she cared about was here, or coming. It's like a dam opened up and she began to tremble as drips ran down her cheeks and soaked the pillows under her head. Her body jerking with the sniffs and gasps as she cried it out. Relief, shock, gratitude, for waking up safe. Her nightmare ordeal hadn't been a dream and so much pent-up mess was now flowing out with need for a release.

"TangShi? TangShi? Where is she? Where's my girlfriend? I'm YuZhi Leng, I talked to you on the phone." A husky strained male voice came echoing her way from the corridor. The sense of urgency and familiarity making her turn her head at his panicked tone and she could almost taste his hysteria in trying to find her.

"YuZhi? I'm here." She called out to him, straining an already raw throat as the suited figure of her handsome man came sliding in the open doorway with fumbling steps. Rushing and looking ruffled and distraught. His tie was loose, his jacket open, hair disheveled and his normally pulled together façade was rumpled and wrinkled as was his shirt. He looked like hell.

"Oh my god. I'm here, baby. I'm here. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He flew to her side, cupping her hand in his and bent down smothering her face as he tried a hug in an awkward position and somehow squashed her nose against his chest and yet still managed to get his arms under her and squeeze her. YuZhi's emotions on full display as he sniffed back the worried tears he had been keeping at bay. His body trembling with both adrenaline and fear at not knowing how hurt she was or what had happened until he got here.

Feeling like he was going crazy driving here to get to her after the cops called him and said they found them. YuZhi broke down, covering her fragile tiny body with his and pushed his face against her cheek as he cried too. Never in his life had he been so scared or overwhelmed and he couldn't contain his relief at finding her alive. He had almost knocked the policeman over downstairs as they tried to give an update in his haste to find her.

YuZhi and ZhengLi had found Linlin's car abandoned by the café they must have eaten at not long after leaving MinXo Corp. The boot open, a flat tire, and TangShi's cell phone lying beside it with a cracked screen. No one had seen anything and the complete disappearance of the women had pushed them to file a police report in urgency, afraid something had been done to them both. They managed to track Linlin's cellphone just as a call came in that the women had been found and hightailed it here like maniacs.

"I'm okay. My head hurts, but I'm fine. I'm really okay. Just cuts and bruises." TangShi pushed his face back so she could look at him, tracing her fingers across his sharp jawline and wiping his wet cheeks with her thumb. Adoration overwhelming her and the wounds between them of the last weeks seeping away like dust on the wind.