Chapter 27 - Aftermath

"Where you at, buddy? I need to come see you." YuZhi called ZhengLi once he dropped TangShi off at the house on his hands free as he drove back towards the center of Shanghai, making way to his friend's apartment. Squinting at the windscreen as tiny drops of rain started to fall and added to the melancholy of his mood.

"I'm at Dream in Changning district with Linlin, What's up?" ZhengLi was standing at the bar of a popular nightclub while getting his table a fresh round of drinks. It was quiet given it was a Wednesday night, so the volume was low. He was a seasoned party animal who often hit clubs on a weekday and still managed to work the next day. He turned to watch Linlin sashaying across the dancefloor with two girls in tow, giggling merrily and unaware of his watching them. Amused by his date for the night, her wildcat antics and dirty dancing she had been doing minutes ago that had held him standing there longer than required.

"I'll head to your place then. I'm staying there tonight, and I'll see you when you get home. Don't rush on my account." YuZhi lifted his hand to hang up, not wanting to impose when ZhengLi was with Linlin, but ZhengLi cut in smoothly. Recognizing the strain in his tone and the curt and cool manner.

"Wait for me. I'm not in the mood for this tonight, so I'll head back. Have to keep the little woman on her toes and make her miss me. I'm getting too accessible and she's undervaluing my worth." He grinned, lounging casually with his hip against the bar, propping an elbow behind him and motioned her a little 'come here' gesture as he caught her eye.

Linlin stopped in her tracks, leaving her two friends to wander back to their table without her where a group of them were convening and made her way to ZhengLi with a sassy catwalk. Her face lighting up at being summoned and aware of pushing her bust and butt out to appear as sexy as she could be. They weren't drunk at all yet and had only been here a short time, meeting up with a mix of his friends and hers in a so-called casual meet. Neither would admit it was a real date and were still playing the hot and cold game with one another in some strange power struggle that was exciting them both.

"If you're busy..." YuZhi felt guilty about ruining his plans, but ZhengLi was having none of it. His friend sounded stressed and rarely made calls for help so he knew something was up. ZhengLi was maybe a heartbreaker when it came to women but was loyal and true when it came to his friends.

"Dude, I'll be ten at the most. Buy some beers, you owe me a drunken stupor." ZhengLi hung up before YuZhi could refuse, knowing he would, and turned to smile towards his tiny vixen, strutting her stuff up to him in stilettos and a zebra print, strapless mini dress that went well with her new fuchsia pink hair. She was a knockout in a small package and crazily addictive for him since the first time he laid eyes on her. Linlin was a bold girl when it came to style, and he liked that she was fearless in expressing herself through her hair, make up and fashion, and her bad temper.

"What? I was going to sit down and await my cocktail. You better not have gotten me over here to carry the tray?" she accused, tilting her chin towards the drink order the bartender was sliding behind him and narrowed her eyes while pouting like a child.

"Baby, you're too weak to carry that big old tray. I have to disappoint you I'm afraid and apologize in advance. I have another hot date and can't stand them up. So, I have to go." He grinned wickedly, reaching out to bop her on the side of the chin in a playful gesture. Enjoying the way her face switched from cute sulking with a hint of sexy, to enraged murderous thunder as a scowl pinched her pretty pink lips.

"You what?" She snapped at him, blinking in shock that he would come out with this crap to her face, prodding him in the firm abdomen in angry reaction with a lethal finger. "What hot date? What the hell, ZhengLi Kim? Why ask me out if you're going to ditch me and run off with another bitch? What kind of shameless bastard are you?" Linlin was beyond mad. Furious and seething with green eyed fury, unable to really compute that he would be this much of an asshole and not able to control her outburst. She knew they weren't exactly exclusive, but this was a whole other level of jerk