Chapter 69 - The Future

"Take it easy, watch the step." YuZhi slid his arms around TangShi and guided her down the steps from the back patio into the decorated garden. Carefully holding her weight and concentrating on getting her down safely.

"I'm pregnant, not disabled." TangShi smiled at him wistfully, more in love with him every single day as he seemed to become more and more attentive to her needs and never failed to anticipate them. Taking his arm and obediently walking slowly down the steps into the sunshine, enjoying the gentle breeze on her skin of a pleasant day.

"Come on you two, I was starting to worry. You were an age!" Linlin appeared, smiling brightly but with a tern stone of an unimpressed mother hen. She was looking ethereal in white today, a flowy sheer gown over a mini dress that was much like TangShi's, although tang's wasn't a short underlayer but a long flowy skirt. "With you being this close you can't scare me by going AWOL. I need constant contact and updates. I get separation anxiety when I don't see you with my own two eyes. Imagine if you went into labor and I wasn't there!!" Linlin rubbed the expanse of TangShi's bulging belly with affection and a hint of manic passiveness, and ZhengLi appeared behind her, sliding his arm around Linlin's shoulder and kissing her on the temple. Grinning at her OTT attention to TangShi that never seemed to waver.

"I was at the bathroom." TangShi pointed out, giggling at her best friend and used to this attitude. It was only getting worse with each passing week and she sometimes wondered if she was married to YuZhi or Linlin.

"So? I could have taken you. I am capable of tending to your womanly needs much better than the iffy stand in." Linlin thumbed at YuZhi with an eyeroll as though he could never match up to her expertise in womanly needs.

"If she's like this now, good luck when you do bring baby Leng into this world. You may have a custody battle on your hands." ZhengLi laughed at the antics of his little woman, patting her on the head and earning himself a glare. Eternally amused with her and he swooped in to give her a peck on the lip, always incapable of passing her by without touch or kisses. He was as smitten now as the day he married her.

"Hurry up and impregnant her so I don't have to waste time in court." YuZhi smirked, poking ZhengLi in the chest. This running joke between them never amused Linlin as she couldn't see what was so wrong in her caring about her very pregnant best friend.

"Dude, my family are only now coming around to the fact I married her. Give me time. Once I'm sure the hit is off my head then I can possibly wave the topic of grandkids near them. I'm lucky to be alive. You have no idea how ruthless they are. I'm still financially cut off." ZhengLi pulled Linlin into an embrace from behind. Snuggling her in and eternally grateful that despite his families threats, he never gave her up. He had thought they were happy together when they dated but cohabiting with his wife had opened up levels of intimacy between them that changed his entire outlook on love and soul mates. Linlin was calmer, content, and her crazy insecure jealousy had abated once they were married. She was his kitten nowadays rather than his fierce wildcat. Well except between the sheets, where he fully encouraged that crazy side.

"I think that maybe had more to do with the fact you four ran off to warmer climates for a week and came back from shotgun weddings. No family invited, and not even close friends got a look in until you guys came back." A smooth husky feminine voice cut in between them and they moved apart to let Rhea wander into their space. Welcoming her with smiles.

"You're one to talk about shotgun weddings. What do you call this?" Linlin pointed out with a raised brow, waving her arms around the exquisitely decorated garden and the hundreds of guests milling around after the ceremony. It had been a long day of watching them take their vows before moving here for a garden party in a newly acquired mansion bought b Rhea's tycoon billionaire husband.