One last letter from Sirius Black.

CW: Death and grieving (denial)
Author's note: Each chapter is basically a thought that has popped into my head that I decided to write down as soon as possible. This is why you might see me upload three chapters in one day and then maybe I'll disappear for a month. So, it is quite late at night that is when I like to torment myself, this is the excuse I'm going with for the pain that follows. Forgive me.

Reggie,
Oh Merlin, Reg. Please, Reggie, come back.
I don't hate you, I don't. I couldn't, not ever. You can come over and play the piano at midnight, you can eat the last of my sugar quilts before I have even had some...you can do anything-but you can't stay gone. You're not gone, you can't be-I didn't-I didn't get to say goodbye.
The worst thing is I wouldn't have seen you, I would have told everyone I didn't care about you before you died. But I take it all back, I take it all back because this has to be a prank, it has to.
Remember how we used to plan faking our deaths to see who really cared about us? Well that was mostly you, actually. You did always have a dark sense of humor, and it was so dry I could never tell if you were joking or not. I loved it. It made all the sh*tty things going on in our lives feel like a mass-coordinated joke. So I really won't be mad when you tell me how you did it. Faking your death is Marauder-level stuff! Just...
Come back to me.
Come back because I can't do this without you.
James is my brother and I do love him but he was an addition to my family, never a replacement for you. No one could ever be a replacement for you because I love you, you pompous, arrogant, sarcastic, twat so you better not be gone. PLEASE.

S. O. B.
(Sirius Orion Black)