"At least I know when I'm being controlled."

Regulus Black sat at his piano, his emotions spilling out of him through a flurry of complex notes. Composing and recomposing his emotions on the piano until they could finally be safely contained in his head. His long white fingers danced along the keys with the freedom the rest of body and mind never had. That was until his brother, Sirius Black, entered the room.
Not even bothering with a simply greeting, he declared with distaste, "I don't even know why Flitwick even has the stupid thing." as if all of Hogwarts adhered to his perspective on things.
Regulus, always coldly polite to Sirius as a means to show him that he was no more than a stranger to him now, stood up and gestured to the instrument. He knew Sirius played, he had played even better than Regulus once upon a time, in the same way that he always was the best at everything. Years had passed since he had heard him play however, as he abandoned any practice that would please Mother and Father even since his first year at Hogwarts.
Sirius cast a scathing look at the piano, as though it had called James Potter a bastard, and stepped deliberately past it.
"Still doing as Mother and Father instruct, I see." Sirius would never admit it but this elegant way of speaking was more natural to him than the common accent he affected with his friends, and he slipped into it whenever possible. Though it had to be said that even then they were speaking far more formally than they normally would have.
Regulus stepped around the piano bench and stood behind his brother, hands clasped behind his back. "Is it so hard to believe I merely enjoy the piano? I freely admit I like the violin less so but I do enjoy the piano."
Sirius turned around bitterly to face Regulus with a sneer on his face. "And apparently you also enjoy dining halls, speaking Greek, French and Latin and being insufferable, just as our dear mother and father bid." The younger of the two young men drew himself up to his full height, which was actually substantially taller than his older brother, a fact which still irritated Sirius. He lost some of his formal speech and his grey eyes flashed angrily.
"I like those things whether or not my mother and Father want me to do them, Mr, what is it now? Potter?"
Sirius stood stock still in surprise and he dug the tip of his wand in Regulus' chest, growling like a dog. "I wish it was, do you think I want to share blood with a twat like you? With any of you! You may want to be like them in every way, but for me nothing could be further from the truth." Regulus shoved him back, Sirius, forgetting he was a Quidditch player, didn't anticipated the strength of the shove and went sprawling into the piano.
Regulus advanced on his brother, wand drawn, watching him scramble to his feet and raise his own wand. The Slytherin's face twisted in hatred and the strange sort of mirth all, even Sirius, of the Black family possessed. "Has it ever occurred to you that you're so determined to be opposite of Orion and Walburgar Black that your life is as dictated by their decisions as mine? You left the house but keep yourself as chained to Mother and Father as you ever were. At least I know when I'm being controlled."
Regulus swung himself around on his keel, the hem of his Slytherin robes fluttering against his brown leather boots, refusing to look back at his brother.
As he exited the room he noticed another young man in patchy Gryffindor robes. He had dark blonde hair, the pale skin of his face was marred with half a dozen pearly white scars and robes far too short for him. "Lupin." He inclined his head slightly and Remus did the same, "Black."
Regulus swept past him before thinking for a moment and stopping to call over his shoulder, "Lupin?" The werewolf startled and threw a look over his own shoulder, "Yes, Black?" Regulus lifted his chin and fixed his eyes firmly on a spot above his head and said, "Take care of him, he might need your - comfort." Lupin's eyes flickered and he nodded again with pursed lips, a frown pulling down at them. The young lord nodded back and walked down to the Dungeons to his common room.