Chapter 3

Hazel's POV

It was around 8:00 PM when I made camp. I didn't want to stop, but I couldn't go on without rest. I cried myself to sleep, thinking about Frank. Although my dream didn't make me feel any better.

I was in a glass room. Before me was two objects, a match and a button. I glanced to the right, and mounted on the wall was a television. It showed the universe, but a planet was missing. That planet was Earth. I looked to the left and gasped. It was Frank. He lay lifeless on the hard stone floor. "Frank!" I ran over to him but ran straight into a glass wall. It shattered and I fell onto the shards. The sunk into my skin. I bit my lip to try and make the pain die down. I stood up to see Frank, but he had disappeared. I fell to my knees. My entire body went numb. All I felt was mental pain. My dream changed to another scene, me and Frank were sitting by a fire, cooking marshmallows. I threw more sticks in the fire to make it brighter. I laughed as he made jokes, and kissed my cheek. Suddenly he fell off of his seat. I jumped at his side. "What's wrong Frank?" He didn't answer. I pressed my head onto his chest. No heartbeat. I started sobbing. "Frank..." I looked at the fire. The sticks I threw in.... My dream changed, several times. I saw Frank dying in 79 different ways, but the 80th was the worst. I was on a walk with him, I held his hand tightly. "Frank I have a bad feeling about this..."
"Don't worry, I'm sure one walk will be okay."
"But what if the monsters come?"
"I'll protect you. I promise."
"But who will protect you?" He just smiled. "I love you."
"I love you too, you big klutz." Frank laughed and turned towards me. "So what now?" His deep brown eyes met mine. It took a few seconds to realize he was talking to me. "Uh, I don't know.." That's when it happened. I lost control of my body. I pulled out my sword and stabbed his chest. Frank looked at me confused. "Haz-" he fell to the floor gripping the hilt of the sword."Frank I'm so sorry-" I sobbed and regained control of my body. "I.. I didn't mean to..." I cried into his shirt. "Oh Frank, what have I done?" I said between sobs. "I can't lose you too!"

I was jerked awake when I heard a familiar voice say, "Wake up, Hazel. We've got work to do."