32

That feeling when you look at me and smile, 

I am completely addicted to that feeling.

----------------------------------------

"Wife, don't take any other step", he warned her clearly not liking the way she was walking away from him.

"What am I to you?", she asked again as he stared into her eyes with the usual darkness clouding his hazel eyes.

"I told you the truth why are you even behaving like this. You should be thankful that I am not hiding anything from you", he stated making her blink a few times looking away trying to hold back her tears.

"I should be thankful that you told me how you enjoyed making me miserable. How did you enjoy getting me humiliated in front of your family when you didn't appear in the Karwa Chauth celebration?", she asked in disbelief but he didn't seem unaffected by it.

"All you have ever given me is pain. Remember my first day here, you tried to force me. Our honeymoon was supposed to be the most beautiful time of our life but you didn't stop there as well. Now my first Karwa Chauth", she said shaking her head. She had enough of everything.

"We don't need an enemy in our life when you are here", she spoke looking at him with hurt clearly visible in her brown eyes. He held her arms pulling her towards him making her gasp.

"It was you who was trying to stay away from me", he told her as she stared at him with disgust.

"You think I was doing that to stay away from you", she asked but he didn't answer as usual making her scoff.

"You don't know what I have been through in life. It was only your parents who affected you but when I was on the stage of leaving my teenage, I saw the most important people of my life getting separated. If I saw the most beautiful couples parting way. I am not ready to let out my darkness in front of you till now", she whimpered feeling the hold tightening around her arms.

"And this act of yours shows how right I was to not let out that part of my life in front of you", she said as the next moment he pushed her to the door harshly making her wince.

"Do not treat me as a choice in your life", he stated as she smiled sadly looking the other way.

"I wish I had a choice", she whispered only for his grip to lose around her. She stared at him wiping the tears which escaped from her eyes. She walked away from him wanting some air to breathe.

She took a deep breath before turning back to him.

"This... this is not me", she stated pointing at herself. He stared at her observing her each movement and expression keenly.

"This expensive heavy lehenga, this diamond necklace, these earrings, these rings", she stated pointing at every single thing she was wearing right now.

"This is not me. The first day I got married to you I promised myself that I would have my own identity. I would not let people know me as your wife but as me only. But you can see clearly how pathetically I failing right now", she gulped rubbing her arms.

"I never wanted this. This girl standing in front of you is no longer Kimaya Maan but the wife of Randhir Ahlawat", she stated pushing the hair strand coming on her face back.

"And then again I thought I was over-reacting. Over-reacting about every single. That you are not that wrong. You have a good side. I was wrong in knowing you. In reality, we know nothing about each other", she stated walking closer to me.