19

My burning heart demanded the tranquility that only she could bestow 

------------------------------

She wanted to get rid of the heat collected in her body and the only way she could think was to go outside and enjoy the cold winds hitting her skin. She opened the door keeping the balcony close to her reach. She stepped out as the cold winter winds hit her sensitive skin but her body was numb.

She walked to the cold glass railing which seemed as if it was made of thin sheet of ice because of the snow around. She took a deep breathe as her tears started drying up. Her heart was also getting numb from the pain. She felt dying was easier than this pain for lifetime but she wasn't really a loser. She wanted to fight back till her last breathe.

She heard banging on the door but she chose to ignore it not because she wanted to but because her body was giving up the strength to move around. There was shiver in her body which she chose to ignore. The thin fabric of saree doing no good to her as well. 

A small sad smile covered her lips as she thought about her life. God did sat for a long time while writing her fate. He added so much pain yet so much power in her to withstand the pain.

She sighed pushing her open hair back. 

Her eyes widened as a grip around her waist pulled her inside and immediately the door was closed. 

She stared at him in shock. His eyes were red in anger as she glared deadly at her making her gulp.

"If you want to die that badly, do it when you go back to your place. Don't put the blame on my head", he said coldly. She won't deny she felt hurt when he said those words. She thought he cared.

His eyes continued to stare back in hers and only thing he could see was hurt. He knew this was not the way to control this situation.

"Ask what is going on in your mind?", he spoke with a sigh. Her eyes hardened at his words.

"I don't want to ask anything?", she said wanting to leave the room immediately. He held her wrist not letting her leave not right now. They had things to discuss right now.

"Mr. Ahlawat, I am not myself right now. I don't want to say something which I would regret later", she gritted her teeth looking at the floor. He stared down at her face.

"Is it only because I came late?", he asked after taking a deep breath to control his anger.

"Late? No you didn't come late? 3 hours... My whole day revolved around you. I cooked for you than got ready for you and you ask me is this only because of you being late. I thought may be yes I was the one who was being difficult. I was the one who was not letting this marriage work. But you know what it is you. Simply you who just want to have physical pleasures from me and control on my life. This is what you always wanted in your life. You know what its enough. I am not going to expect anything from you. This was the last time", she spoke angrily glaring with angry tears forming in her eyes.

"I already told you I forgot to see the time", he spoke simply looking in her eyes with a hard look.

"Alright if you want me to go there I would. I am not scared of you and better you know this before. The place where you were was there a girl", she asked him looking back in his eyes. He gritted not getting why she was bringing the same topic again and again.

"This is purely nonsense. What kind of question is that?", he asked with a frown.

"Yes or no was there a girl?", she asked in a more hard voice. He narrowed his eyes at her before answering.