31

He brought her mouth to his and said, 
"I am going to kiss you until the only name

you will ever taste is mine".

----------------------------

"Do you have to really go?", she asked looking at her husband who was busy buttoning his jacket looking at the mirror.

"I can't ignore my work", he said without looking at her brushing his hands on his jacket to remove the small creases on the soft expensive cloth. He picked up the hairbrush before brushing his hair curly brown hair properly.

They were slightly longer now falling on his forehead irritating him at times.

"But it's my first Karwa Chauth after marriage", she whispered trying to make him understand the significance it had for her.

"It's not like I am not going to come back. I will return back after five days", he told her making her sigh.

"It's the next day of Karwa Chauth", she tried again but this time he just ignored her wearing his wristwatch. She continued looking at him through the mirror. She didn't want to celebrate that day alone without her husband. She was not scared of keeping a fast, she was scared of being alone the whole day of not being able to open her fast without looking at her husband's face.

She felt emotional at the moment. He was not ready to understand her situation. 

He picked up his bag from the table before walking to her and kissing her forehead. She closed her eyes feeling his lips on her forehead. It was simply a feeling of bliss for both of them.

She wanted to wrap her arms around him. She wanted to forget all her worries in his mind but chose to go against her thoughts as he pulled away.

"Take care", he said walking to the door. She held the head of her bed trying to stop herself from running back in his arms. He stopped for a moment making her hopeful. She wished he would just turn back and say something more. More than just a bye. Something which will give peace to her heart. 

But it didn't take a second for him to break her heart and leave without even giving a glance at her way. She bit her lower lip trying to control her tears. Without her wish few tears escaped the secrecy of her eyes, showing her pain clearly. She sat on the bed clutching the bedsheets in a tight grip.

----------------------------

She woke up early in the morning at 3:30 am. Her mother never used to have Sargi while keeping the fast but her mother-in-law wanted her to have something. Rajshri felt that her daughter-in-law was too sensitive to stay without food and water for the whole day so she decided to give her Sargi at 4 in the morning.

Kimaya got dressed in a red suit. It took a lot of time to wash her hair and remove the henna, which the henna artist applied to her hands last night.

She got ready like a newly wedded bride which she was actually with her hands filled with red bangles, nuptial chain, and vermilion in between her hair partition. She saw it was already 3:55. She went downstairs quickly after wearing her dupatta.

They did all the rituals silently. Everybody could see how unhappy she was and the reason was her husband of course.

He left four days ago and there was not a single call from his side. She tried to reach him but it was always his secretary who would answer his calls. Kimaya walked upstairs to her room to find Aarush sleeping on her bed.

She was not comfortable sleeping alone so of course she asked Reema to let Aarush sleep with her and her little brother-in-law was more than excited to do that. She really adored him because of his cuteness and innocence.