More than a Weekend, Finally

I got in earlier Monday morning and went to bed because I had been up all night. I had three days before Finnly was coming and I was pretty busy with festival business and doing some promos and I had a few other shoots to do. I took a half day on Wednesday because Finnly was coming that afternoon and I wanted it to be special. We had talked a few times on the phone and she had squared things away and her manager and publicist were pretty upset but actually agreed that it might be best if she took some time to regroup and lay low. I told her I would finally take her on a real date and that's what I was going to do. Although I figured she would not want to go out after flying all day I got creative. The roof of my building is beautiful so I thought that would be the best place to set up our date. I hung lights and candles and set up a table with flowers. When I knew she was on her way I started making dinner and got everything ready. I figured I would keep it simple since nothing between us had ever been. I had gotten all dressed up and was ready then I heard her knock at the door and I couldn't believe this was happening; she was actually here. 

I opened the door and immediately my heart skipped a beat and a huge smile went across my face. She had a smile on hers too and she came in and quickly put her stuff to the side and we hugged happily and in disbelief, we kissed before even saying anything. " It is so good to be here." she said happily " I am so glad you are here." I said " Well this is my place it's a bit better then the two rooms above a bait shop." I continued " I would say so. Its beautiful." she replied " Thank you." I respond happily " Are you hungry?" I asked " Yes I am." she said " Perfect, I like to keep my word come with me." I replied " Oh." she said quietly as I took her hand and took her to the roof when we got to the door I told her to close her eyes and then I led her through. I told her to open them and said " this is our first date." " Omg, this is the most amazing thing ever, Rowan." she replied we sat and ate and talked about normal first date things even though we had known each other for years and already been through things past the first date. It was amazing and I was so happy. We sat up there for about three hours talking and then we went back downstairs. I showed her around my place and then we had some wine and sat on the couch and watched a movie. It was so nice to not have a timeline. Neither of us had to go anywhere and we could finally spend time together and be together. 

After the movie we sat and made out for a little while and then we talked about our plans. " How long are you staying?" I asked " As long as you'll have me" she replied "Well you could stay here forever." I responded with a smile " Well then I just might." she said playfully but I think she was being serious and I was perfectly ok with that. " How about we go and umm... finish this first date off right?" I said cheekily "Uhh... I dont usually sleep with people on the first date." she responded messing with me " Really? It's not like we haven't before but that's fine we can just sit here and talk and think about the mind blowing sex we have had before." I replied smartly back sitting back down. It only took a second before she grabbed my hand and started leading me to my room. " I was only kidding." she said "That's good because I had a few ideas." and I slowly leaned closer and walked her up against the wall and whispered a few ideas into her ear. She sighed and her breathing got heavier. "Uhh yeah that all sounds good." she responded and began to kiss up my neck and my ear. Then we ended up on my bed and began to take off each other's clothes and once again it was so incredible. Sleep did not occur that night; it was taken up by something much better. It was particularly morning before we went to sleep. We slept a good chunk of the day away. Finnly spent about two and a half weeks with me in New York and every minute was wonderful.