"Well, personally, I've decided to take studying a bit more seriously this year," said James, grinning at the pun.

Although Sirius was too surprised by that statement to laugh at the classic joke which he always loved.

"Why?" Sirius frowned.

"Like I said; if I want to get accepted into the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, I need top grades at my N.E.W.Ts," James answered earnestly, though he then grinned, adding, "Besides, I think Evans would appreciate it if she saw I was studying hard."

The other three boys groaned.

"Let it go, Prongs! It's never gonna happen!" Sirius huffed loudly, rolling his eyes.

      "Well, we never thought a girl would kick you in the groin on a date either, but here we are." James smirked, causing Sirius to mumble something grumpily to himself and look away.

     Remus grinned along. They were never going to let this go.

***

It was only their first day of sixth year, and yet the students felt like they were already drowning beneath the weight of studies, homework, and essays they had to write in no time.

      Layla and Diana were sitting at their usual table when Professor Slughorn entered the Potions' classroom, giving an end to the chatters of the students. "Settle down, settle down."

As he walked to the front of the class where his own table was situated, everyone started to take out their books and placed their cauldrons before them.

"Now, ladies and gentlemen," Slughorn started, walking toward where he had laid a few full cauldrons, "I have readied a few potions for you today. Now can anyone tell me what this one is?" He pointed at a curious looking potion, which was colorless.

Not surprisingly, Lily's hand was first to shot up. But everyone's eyes fell upon James, who had shockingly raised his hand too.

Taken aback at this new turn of events, Slughorn turned to face him with a curious smile. "Yes, Mr. Potter?"

Ignoring Lily's frown at his direction, James answered, "That's Veritaserum, sir. Or also known as the Truth Potion. It causes the drinker to answer whatever you ask them truthfully and uncontrollably."

"Yes, yes, that is correct indeed. Thank you Mr. Potter." Slughorn nodded his head, walking to the next cauldron which had a muddy and disgusting color to its liquid. "Now who can tell me about this one?"

James raised his hand once more, but Lily's arm shot higher into the air this time, now sitting at the edge of her seat impatiently.

Having found her enthusiasm rather amusing, Slughorn chuckled and nodded at her. "Miss Evans?"

"That's the Polyjuice Potion," Lily answered confidently, finally dropping her hand. "It helps you to change your appearance into someone else's for a limited time."

"Correct!" Slughorn exclaimed. "And can you tell me what are the ingredients for the Polyjuice Potion, Miss Evans? For a few extra points?"

Lily nodded with a proud smile, saying, "It's rather a tricky potion to make, which contains fluxweed, knotgrass, Ashwinder eggs, lacewing flies, leeches, and shredded Boomslang skin."

"Actually," James started, all heads turning to face him with excitement, "it doesn't have Ashwinder eggs in it, but it has powdered Bicorn horn."

"No," Lily protested, all eyes now on her as she glared at him. "I'm pretty sure it's Ashwinder eggs."

"I beg you to differ, Miss Evans," said James, smiling at her charmingly. "The book specifically says that it contains powdered Bicorn horn. In page 32, to be precise."

After a short pause, there was loud noises of moving all around the room as everyone reached out for their books to check page 32.

Even Lily was turning over the pages with an irritated frown on her face. The only people who hadn't touched their books and had full confidence in James, were Sirius and Remus.

"Yes, it says powdered Bicorn horn here," said a Ravenclaw boy, holding up his book and pointing at the words.

"Oho!" Slughorn clapped his hands together in glee, turning toward Lily. "It looks like you've finally met your match, Miss Evans. Take ten well-earned points for Gryffindor, Mr. Potter. The same for you, Miss Evans."

Sirius high-fived James as Lily slammed her book shut and placed her elbow on the table grumpily, resting her chin upon it.

Although it went unnoticed by his friends when Remus looked over at the Slytherins' table, where Diana was sitting. He caught her eyes for quick moment before both of them looked away, grinning.

     Diana knew they were both thinking about the same memory; a similar thing had happened between them at the beginning of last year, during Ancient Runes.

      Diana couldn't help but to chuckle to herself quietly as she remembered how much she used to hate Remus at the time. It was strange to her how much everything had changed.