"He actually thought I had done it Vee," I say as my throat burns in an attempt to not cry again. "He shouted asking what it was and why I did it. I hadn't even seen it before, it didn't even occur to him to think 'oh let me give my boyfriend the benefit of the doubt whilst my crazy ex stalks us'." I talk so quickly that Valentina bashes her eyelids at me like I was insane.

"He probably wasn't thinking Micah, seen all the information you had between you and your signatures and thought, that's it," she speaks gently.

"But he said he loves me," I tell her as my eyes ache from feeling so sensitive. "How can he love me if he doesn't trust me?"

"Imagine if that was you," she tells me. "He probably has lawyers and accountants that tell him on a daily to be careful of who he trusts because of his wealth, he sees something that looks rather legitimate and jumps to conclusions because of what he's been told for the last couple of years."

My eyes watch Valentina's lips as she speaks, attempting to take in her words but they still didn't sit right with me.

"He should have at least come home and just asked rather than shouting at me," I lower my voice. "I've never felt so shit, someone that is meant to be the world to you suddenly just hates you for something you didn't even do."

Valentina nods back. "Yes of course Micah, yes he should have done that. But I don't think he's being malicious, it's just his defence mechanism from what he's been taught. What did you think of the file?"

My throat clears as I let out a sigh. "It did look really real," I agree.

"Okay maybe he should have thought a little deeper about the bigger situation, but he's probably stressed with work and wasn't thinking. It's been a long week and he's just not thought about anything else, which yes is a fucking dick move. But I'm sure he feels like such an ass right now."

I hum as I flip over my phone. "He's left me a voicemail and a couple texts."

"He's probably worried about you Micah," her eyebrows dip in concern. "His psycho ex is out there and you've just left his apartment without telling him where you went."

My mouth mumbles out a sigh as I click on my voicemail and tap on the speaker, Valentina's body moving closer to the table to be able to hear what he says.

"Micah..." his voice is quiet. "I'm sorry. Please come home. I don't want you out and I don't want you going back to your flat. Please call me or just tell me you're alright."

The tone cuts off and I end the voicemail, exhaling a deep sigh and pulling back into the chair.

"You should at least go back and just listen to what he has to say," she expresses. "You don't have to forgive him but you'll be safe there, if I have to stay at Theo's then you have to stay at Weston's. It's as simple as that."
"I just feel a little disheartened," I admit.

"And you will," Valentina nods back at me. "He's hurt you and he needs to make it up to you, but you know that he loves you. Anyone can see it, the way he looks at you and talks about you. He fucked up but he still loves you."

My eyes lower to the table for a moment, Valentina reaches out across the table to grab onto my arm. "Just hear him out, force him to sleep on the sofa if that's what you need. But you're not staying anywhere but his tonight Micah, I don't care what you say."