22.

Farewell

edited on : 30/10/2021 (Saturday)

words : 1146

A/N : Yes yes, I did unpublish the chapter in order to edit it. Anyway, I hope you are having a great day! :)

★★★★★

When they arrived at The Hospital Wing,  Ariana was immediately placed gently on the bed by Severus, as if she were delicate and fragile. When she was placed down, all she could do was groan in pain. Her whole body ached even at the slightest movement.

Albus Dumbledore, Madam Pomfrey, and Minerva McGonagall were on their way.

Ariana whimpered, she could feel herself getting weaker, "You know... I never got the chance to dance with you in the end... And it seems like the stupid wish has come true... I'm never going to be there and..."

She winced when she felt a sharp pain in her chest, but continued, "bother you again..."

Severus shook his head slowly, visibly upset and devastated. "No, please no. Please don't say that."

He had tears in his eyes and his heart was shattered by the sight of his lover being injured and frail. He was given a second chance at love, but he was extremely frustrated with himself.

He failed to protect the woman he loved.

"I'm sorry it has come to this," Ariana swallowed as she felt herself suffocating. She was sweating and her voice was barely audible. The curse was tormenting her body. She felt needles pricking her skin. Her chest felt tight and heavy, and it was almost painful to breathe.

Sirius, on the other hand, broke down crying when he walked away from the couple. He couldn't bear seeing her, especially since she was frail and injured. He hated himself for not moving fast enough to help her.

He needed to keep the promise that he made with Ariana.

To stay hidden and help Harry Potter.

Ariana went on when she realized Sirius was not in the room with them, "Severus... Sirius is innocent... Please don't let him get caught. Just like you, he has suffered way too much already..."

Severus was going to say something when the door to the Hospital Wing slammed open, revealing Madam Pomfrey and the professors.

"Step back for a moment, Severus. Allow me to take care of this."

Severus hesitated, his grip on Ariana's hand tightening. He reluctantly let go when Dumbledore lightly pushed him.

.

.

.

Madam Pomfrey explained that the precise effects of this curse were unknown, but it was very dangerous and was potentially lethal. This curse caused major injuries, and if performed with enough power, had the capacity to kill.

Given that Ariana had no visible marks or bleeding from her injury with this curse, the curse might cause her some kind of painful internal injury.

Madam Pomfrey gave the girl two strong potions to drink to ease the discomfort before she immediately went away to find or brew a stronger and special potion for her with the help of Dumbledore. They had to act fast or else.