11.

A date

edited on : 30/9/2021 (Thursday)

words : 1557

A/N : A few chapters left and it was getting intense.

★★★★★

"Stop grinning like an idiot, Miss Hart. Concentrate on your essay. This is crucial for your N.E.W.T. exams." Severus sighed heavily, rolled his eyes, and turned away from the girl. 

His girlfriend, to be precise.

They'd been dating in secret for almost two weeks. What made it more entertaining was Severus's attempt to avoid staring at the girl in his class at all times.

His concentration might be broken by even one movement from her. That was how much she had an impact on him.

Despite the fact that two weeks have passed, they have yet to go on a date. All they did was hang out in Severus's office after dinner, talking, and maybe sharing a kiss or two. However, the kiss only happened after Ariana began whining like a child and started rambling about him no longer loving her.

Severus found her annoying sometimes, but she was too cute for him to remain annoyed. He kept his cool and listened intently as she spoke about her day.

He could gaze at her all day if he wanted to. Her face would brighten up, her smile would put him at ease. Furthermore, the dark circles under her eyes vanished.

Everyone else noticed Ariana was back to her usual loud and lively self. But what caused her to change so abruptly, to begin with? And what prompted her to revert to the old Ariana?

Ariana enjoyed brewing potions, but she despised using them on herself. Severus would force her to drink the potions he prepared for her every day to ensure her full recovery. Because of him, her scars had faded away. 

"And afterward he apologized and pretended..." Ariana continued her conversation with a Ravenclaw student when Severus didn't pay attention to her.

Severus spoke with his back facing the girl as he continued, "I see you've had a lot to say. Miss Hart, would you want to share anything with the class?"

Ariana grinned, "Sure, why not. You see, a Hufflepuff boy from the third year confessed to me today and he-"

Severus sighed and rolled his eyes. Her humour and playfulness were showing. She was clearly teasing him.

"Detention, Miss Hart." Severus gave her a quick glance before returning his attention to the book in his hand.

Severus could see Ariana was hiding her smile and secretly winked at him as she pouted. She was a indeed great actress.

Silly girl.

"You were the one who gave me a chance to speak! And now I'm being held in detention? Meanie! Unfair!" Ariana whined, earning a few odd looks from her classmates.

They couldn't put their finger on what was different about the way she spoke to him.

"According to a student, someone in this class has once again cast a fire charm on a cloak," Severus grumbled and raised his eyebrows.