CHAPTER FIVE

Spottedkit looked outside from the nursery, the rain poured like a river stream. Frecklekit had been beside her watching the rain, Spottedkit growled.
"I wanted to play!" With a thud, she fell to the floor. Her chin hit the ground, but it didn't hurt as much as it had looked. Frecklekit gazed at her, his eyes narrowed towards her.
"Larksong said we had to clean up in the nursery before she got back with the patrol." He meowed, Spottedkit frowned. Her head was full of thoughts, and memories. It had been 4 moons already, in those 4 moons her mother had been stricter. And meaner, her father had been visiting every day, giving her prey.
Getting up on her paws she padded over to the moss bed where they sleep, she grabbed a stick pulled it out and threw it to Frecklekit who flinched at the stick thinking it was a badger.
She purred looking at the Tom, his eyes widened with fear as he gazed slowly over to her, "stop being a mouse-brain, Spottedkit!" He squeaked, his fur fluffed.
Spottedkit looked back, putting her paws into the moss bed, searching around for more sticks or random things that didn't belong in the bed. She couldn't wait to be a warrior one day, her new name would be only in 2 moons!
Paw steps were heard from behind, she turned to see her mother. Shaking her pelt, water splashed onto them, padding forward. Larksong stopped at her shoulder looking down, her eyes hardened sharpening.
"What are you doing?" She hissed softly so only she could hear.
Spottedkit looked up at her mother, eyes widened. "I'm doing what you said." she meowed.
Larksong growled, turning to Frecklekit. "Frecklekit you can go outside and play in the rain!"
Frecklekit cried with excitement, he raced outside leaving Spottedkit alone with her mother.
Larksong hissed, taking a blow to her shoulder. Spottedkit fell on her face, landing on the moss bed.
"Useless kit! you can't do anything right!" She hissed, padding off. Spottedkit slowly lifted herself to her paws, her shoulder stung and hurt, blood poured out like a river. what did i do wrong?
She sat there in silence, all she could hear was the panic of breathing. For a heartbeat, paw steps were sounded from behind her, making her turn around. Her eyes rounded and full of anxiety, thinking it was her mother.
But it was Frecklekit, he muzzled her. Snuggling up to her, "what happened?" His cold fur struck her back into reality after the shock. she looked up at the friend she had been with for moons. "Nothing happened, I'm fine..." her eyes lowered, her eyes full of tears.
Frowning, he knew she was lying. "Fine, but you know you can tell me anything, Right?"
Spottedkit purred, his paw on hers. Fur bristled together making her ears prick up "of course, I know that!"

"What are you doing?" She asked curiously, ravenpaw turned to her. His ears lowered, she had frightened him.
"Just organising these herbs." He muttered, his eyes lowered. Full of annoyance, Spottedkit took a step back.
"I can leave if you want?" She asked, he looked at her.
His fur fluffed, muzzle wrinkled back from the smell. "If you want?
"You seem busy." she padded out, looking out from the den. A moss ball rolled over to her side, looking up from the moss ball she saw Frecklekit.
Purring she trotted to him, giving him a smirk. Frecklekit frowned rolling his eyes, "stop being so stubborn!" Spottedkit snapped at him playfully, he eyed her.
As Spottedkit threw the moss ball, it hit his head making him fall on his back. Giggling, Frecklekit jumped up pouncing onto her. Spottedkit fell with him pinning her, she opened her eyes wide looking at him.
His nose was small and wrinkled back with stubbornness. She snorted with a purr, as she threw him off gently, Frecklekit's roared back, full of laughter.
He threw the moss ball to her, "you know you can't beat me!" She challenged him, her tail flicking back and forward.
Frecklekit's eyes glimmered to a new expression, a challenged expression. He crouched, waiting for the moss ball to go over to him. She hit it, he flew up in the air missing it.
Falling with a thud, he groaned with pain. Spottedkit's challenge disappeared, she padded over to his side. "Are you alright?" She asked with a purr, her paw over her mouth.
He frowned looking up at her, "you know that I'm just way much better than you!" Smirking she helped him up, gazing at her.
A yowl came from behind again, "Spottedkit!" Larksong was behind them, her fur pricked and her eyes tense. Spottedkit gasped, held her breath.
"Come here!" Turning around she padded inside the nursery's den, her tail following from behind, Spottedkit looked to Frecklekit then padded away into the nursery.
Stopping to her paws, she looked up at her mother. Her face was wrinkled, her eyes sharpened. Frowning "Why did you do that for?" She asked, her tail swishing around. Her mother circled her, claws unsheathed.
"What do you mean, mother?" She asked, her ears back, Tail tucked into her paws.
"What do I- you hurt Frecklekit!" Spottedkit could sense someone else here, her stomach rumbled with hunger. A breeze shook her fur, making her close her eyes.
"I didn't hurt him?" Gazing up at her mother, the breeze got tenser. Her claws dug into the ground, she couldn't help this emotion.
"Yes you did, he hurt his back because of you! Cloudfern trusted him with us!" Her paw lifted up in the air, claws unsheathed. Taking another blow to her face, Spottedkit fell to the ground, the air followed her. Gazing up she felt like she could see a shadow, but it wasn't, It was just the clear sightings of the nursery.