one

THE SUDDEN LIGHT FROM THE SUN was the reason why Allen Castle woke up. The vampire groaned before she turns around, her hands immediately wrapped around Josie's body. She sighed before hiding her face on the side of her neck, this sudden movement caused Josie to wake up.

The brunette slowly opened her eyes, she blinks a few times to adjust her eyes at the bright light that is coming from the outside of the window. Once she recovered, instead of smiling, she frowned. She was still affected by everything that happened a few days ago.

It's been three days since the whole Dark Josie thing and just like what Alaric told her a few days ago, everything will slowly go back to normal.

Josie let's out a soft sigh before staring at the girl sleeping peacefully beside her. She didn't noticed it but a small smile was starting to form on her lips once she does. She raised her hand and starts tracing her jaw. To be honest, she still can't believe that after everything that happened, the vampire would still want to be with her and that made her happy, it made her ease a bit.

The brunette takes a deep breath before she takes a look at the clock on Allen's bedside. "7:40." She reads.

Josie gulped, she wasn't ready to face them yet. She wasn't ready to hear the words they would tell her. She was so lost in her own thoughts that she didn't even noticed that Allen was already starting to wake up.

The vampire opened her eyes, a small smile forming on her lips once her gaze landed on Josie. But her smile was soon replaced by a frown when she noticed the worried look on her girlfriend's face, "Hey." She called, earning her attention. "Morning."

Josie plastered a smile, "Morning." She said in a low voice.

Allen looks at her with concern, she placed a hand on her cheek. "Hey, what's wrong?" She asked.

Josie bit the inside's of her cheeks before sitting up, "Nothing, im fine." She said.

The vampire sat beside her. She knew she was lying by the way her heart raised, "Lies." She countered before holding her chin and gently turning her head, making Josie face her. "Tell me what's bothering you."

The brunette hesitated for a moment before telling her the truth, "Im scared." She admits, causing Allen's face to softened, "Im not yet ready to face them."

"Then don't." Allen said, "Stay here for a while, i'll talk to your father."

Josie shakes her head, "No." She denied, "I- i just have to take a breath, then i'll be fine." She starts taking a deep breath, "I can do this, i have to. I deserve everything that would come to me, i'll accept it."

Allen sighed, "If you're worried about them harming you, don't worry." She said with a stern voice, "I'll gladly rip their heart's out before they could even take a step towards you."

"Don't." Josie let's out a soft chuckle, "I can manage, Ally."

"Are you sure?" The vampire asked.

Josie nods her head, "Of course, i am." She gave her a soft smile before she stood up, "Come on, we don't want to be late for the assembly."

Allen pouted, "But i'd rather stay here than listen to your father's heroic speech." She said with a high pitched voice.

This made Josie laugh. She starts walking towards the bathroom, "The door's open, if you change your mind." She teased before walking inside.

Allen's face lit up this before a smirk formed on her lips, "Such a tease." She muttered before rushing inside her bathroom.

---