Chapter 90: Peeta

"Katniss?" I ask as we plant the last of the Prim-Rose around our house in Victor's Village. She looks over, tears clouding her eyes and smiles lightly. I rub the moist dirt off of my hands and walk up to her slowly. I hold her hands gently and peck her cheek.

"You know how we're married?" I ask casually and she nods. "But I never really proposed for us. I proposed for the cameras and for the Capitol" I say with a trace of bitterness. She nods thoughtfully and sighs.

"Where are you going with this?" she asks, the corners of her mouth turning upward. I look down at my pockets and pull the box out as slowly as I can. She looks at my hands confused and she gapes at me. I smirk and lower myself slowly to one knee.

"Katniss, we've been through a lot" I start as seriously as I can. "We've both lost our families but I want to start one together. Will you re-marry me? This time for real?" I ask slowly and I notice tears threatening to erupt from her stormy gray eyes.

"Of course!" she says and she bursts into tears. I hold her close to me and smile at myself. I finally did it and I feel so proud. I slip the ring on her finger and kiss her cheek softly.

"Since we're already married, we don't have to have a wedding, if you're okay with that?" I say quietly and we walk into the house. She nods and I hold her close. We sit on the couch in silence and my subconscious is screaming at me.

"You want to go on a honey-moon?" I ask as girlishly as I can. She rolls her eyes and I take it as a yes. I smirk, hopefully not too creepy and she laughs lightly. "Okay where to?" I ask and her laughing stops, maybe so she can think.

"Since the Capitol isn't as bad now" she starts thoughtfully. "We could go there, maybe rent a house for some time" she says and I nod. She leans her head on my shoulder and I sigh.

"What do you want for dinner?" I ask sitting up slightly. She shrugs and sits up off of my chest. I stand up and walk over to our kitchen. I look around for some ingredients and decide to make pasta. I start to boil the water and throw in the curly noodles. I get out another pan and start on a type of red sauce my mother taught me. I think back to the better times when she cared about me but not enough to beat me,

"Whatcha making?" Katniss asks sweetly, her hands wrapping around my waist. I smile and shrug.

"It's a surprise" I say and I turn to kiss her. She smiles and walks off to the living room. I watch the way her hips sway and curse myself mentally. 'You're being weird' I scream at myself. I laugh at my own, what ever you'd call this and continue cooking.

"Dinner's ready" I say sweetly as I finish setting the table. She walks over, more like saunters, and I roll my eyes. I kiss her forehead lightly and get some half-frozen fruit juice from the freezer and poor the slush into some glasses. I pass on to her and she sips it gracefully, as if in the Capitol. I take a less gracious slurp and turn around in my chair to grab the pan of vegetable pasta.

"Here you go" I say passing her some tongs to get the curly pasta out with. She slowly fills her shallow bowl with the pale noodles and glances up as she starts to slurp them up. I look down at my own bowel and scoop up some soft noodles, bringing them to my mouth. Once we're finished we go over to the living room slowly. I pull Katniss closely and kiss her head repeatedly, holding her close to my chest. She struggles out of my grasp, laughing wildly the whole time and we fall onto the couch, her on top.

"I can feel your excitement" she says smirking down at me. I laugh and try to look less shocked then I am. She can feel me? I start to feel awkward and my face gets hot. She smiles down at me, more sincerely this time, and leans in to kiss me. I gratefully accept her and bring her closer to me as our kiss deepens. I hold her back, gently smoothing my hands over her curves and smile in the kiss.

"Katniss" I gasp as we separate. She smiles and rests her hand on my chest. "Why do you have to be so perfect? It makes me feel guilty" I say sweetly and she looks down, touched but still shocked. I lean into kiss her when she's still stunned and hold her close to me.

"What time is it?" she asks leaning onto me, even though the grand-father clock in the corner clearly reads 7:53. I roll my eyes down at her and sit up, causing her to almost fall on her butt. I grab her waist at the last minute and she giggles, like I've never heard before. I smile at her, even though she can't see me and we walk up the stairs to our room. 

"You want to go to bed?" I ask with a smirk, even though I only intend to sleep. She nods and saunters off to the bathroom that joins with our deep green room. I let her paint the room deep green as long as we had some sunset orange accents in the bathroom. I struggle out of my pants, which are too hot because it's almost summer, and slip on some black shorts. I slide into a black t-shirt and lay on the deep green bed.

"That's my spot" Katniss yells from the bathroom. I roll over slowly and she lies next to me. I pull her close to me and breathe in her smell. She smells like pine and mint, which is good on her.

"Do you want to go hunting tomorrow?" I ask quietly and I feel her nod into me. I laugh lightly and we slowly fall asleep. I dream about Prim, which is a little weird, even if it wasn't romantic. Prim seemed even more accepting of my liking Katniss than the rest of her family and friends.