Chapter 7 - Confession

I really hope I don't stress out acting grand master Jean.. by the looks of things though it seems she has a lot of work to do. Lisa is helping out as well and normally she has free time to herself to sleep and whatnot.

Although it may look like a lot of work both Lisa and acting grand master Jean are in a good mood and they're working fast.

"Alright Amber, sorry for keeping you waiting. I got huge amounts of notices and complaints, but also terrible reports. I've already dispatched Eula and her division to Starfell lake and the gorge." Jean writes down a few more notes and takes a look at the map of Mondstadt.

It seems like she's trying to figure out a pattern or reason as to why hilichurls from the gorge near the electro hypostasis would travel far to Starfell lake and leave camp.

"Yeah, I was there acting grand master. I have a lot to tell so listen closely. Me, Lumine, Saiken, and Paimon were finishing our morning patrol so we head for Starfell lake to hunt for some meat and have lunch. There were no boars to be found so Lumine had to travel from waypoint to waypoint, but the key thing here was that there were no boars."

"Mmhmm, a lot of hunters filed a complaint and worried letters about the boar population around Starfell lake. So you know about the unusual large group if hilichurls? Tell me about them, Amber."

"We didn't speculate anything at first, but we figured that someone must've stole a large amount of boars. Anyways.. we ventured into the gorge and the camp was empty. Hilichurl camps outside the gorge was also empty, but alas there were like.. seven to ten Mitachurls and a bunch of foot soldiers. They were all carrying insane amounts of meat as well! No boars in Starfell lake and they stroll back to camp with a feast!"

"I see.." The acting grand master takes a look at the map again and sighs. "Why I wonder.. this is indeed a very unusual occurrence and it's something no one has seen before. Hey, Amber, you said that in Starfell lake- the area looked.. normal right? Aside from the missing boars."

"Yeah, something like that. There were marks and clues that suggest there were people hunting before we came. Hilichurls can't exactly pass as a human right?"

"Strange.. very strange. So Amber you're telling me that there was no blood at all?"

"Nope. We didn't find anything. It's as if the boars were kidnapped and slaughtered else where, but I don't think hilichurls aren't intelligent enough to do that."

"That's what I was thinking.. hmm.. I'll talk more about this later, Amber. I will await for Eula's return and we'll discuss more on this matter. For now me and Lisa will focus on the upcoming Wind Festival. Amber, you and Kaeya will team up for this one. I want you two to destroy any Hilichurl camp nearby the city and Springvale. Make sure that things go safely and smoothly. More details will come soon."

"Understood acting grant master!" With that I leave Jean to her duties and leave the office room. Lumine said to meet up with her at the blacksmith because the whole Saiken thing. I hope Wagner isn't too mad.

Still.. for all that trouble- Saiken did a really good job today. He was really really impressive. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use the same idea and concept of using slimes to infuse an element onto a item. That's why he wanted to research things about slimes and mitachurls! It makes sense now and also I hope he remembers to return the books he borrowed from Lisa.

Too my surprise Wagner isn't so pissed and I fast walked my way here for nothing! That's a relief. Wonder what they're up to though. Lumine looks like she's getting a new sword and it looks like the prototype rancour.

Saiken on the other hand.. is Wagner examining Saiken's weapon?

"Marvellous.. beautiful, might I add. This is a masterpiece of a work, Saiken. I am really impressed with your designs and ideas so for that you are welcomed here anytime. Be sure to.. sell some weapons as well." Wagner doesn't miss an opportunity does he.