Chem Class and First Dates

🔮Sophia's P.O.V. 🔮
Chemistry Lab

Mr. Deley: Looking for something? Thank you, Chad. It's gratifying to see someone still respects the honor code. It will be my recommendation that you are expelled.
Evie: Mr. Deley, I...
Doug: But that isn't fair. Obviously she wasn't cheating since she didn't have that... Whatever it is.
Evie: It's called a magic mir...
Doug: You're not helping. Stop. Maybe she needed another pencil.
Evie: Actually, I was...
Doug: Really, don't help. Please.
Evie: Please.
Mr. Deley: Well, If you can pass this test, I'll return your property and let the matter drop.

————————————————————

After class I went back to my dorm and ended up running around with Mal like crazy because she was asked on a date by Ben and needed her help. "There you are! We have been looking for you literally everywhere!" Mal calls out when we finally find Evie with Doug at one of the picnic tables.

"She's been looking I've been dragged around" I say to Mal. "What's wrong?" Evie asks us when she sees us speed walking over. "Ben just asked me out on..." Mal pauses and huffs before finishing "a date"

"Nice" Doug encourages. "We can handle this" Evie's says to us and then turns to Doug and says "Bye" "Bye"

We start walking towards the dorms and Evie starts talking about her ideas for us "You're both looking a little pale. I can fix that with some gloss and some blush" Evie says but Mal says "No!"

"Mal, I can use the..." Evie tries again but gets interrupted by Mal "No, no, no" as I laugh at her protest knowing she will loose.

————————————————————
🔮Sophia's P.O.V🔮
The girls dorm room

I was watching as Evie finished putting makeup on Mal. "Okay. Easy on the blush. I don't want to scare him away. Not that I could" Mal says "Please. My mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes"

"My mom was never really big on makeup tips. I never had a sister" Mal says sadly "Well, now you have two" I tell Mal.

"We're going to need all the family we can get If we don't pull this off" Evie says to Mal but before I could question what she means she continues a bit louder "My mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way. Just ask Snow White"

"Are you afraid of her?" Mal asks "Sometimes. Are you afraid of your mom?" Evie returns the question "I just really want her to be proud of me. She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her. And sh... yeah, she's my mom, so I know she loves me... In her own way" Mal says sadly and then Evie turns to me and asks "Are you ever afraid of your mom Soph?"

"Well yeah sometimes I feel like she's too lost in herself to care about anyone but herself" I say sadly and we all pause for a moment. "Moving on. Both of you come see" Evie changes the subject and pulls us to the mirror.

"Oh" Mal says shocked looking at herself in the mirror. "I know" Evie says proudly. "I look..." Mal starts "Say it" I encourage "Not hideous" Mal finishes. "Not even close" Evie promises.

We hear a knock on the door so Evie and I go over and open the door to see Ben standing there. Mal comes up to the door and Ben says "For the first time, I understand the difference between pretty and beautiful. I hope you like bikes"  Mal smiles and they walk out and Evie shuts the door as we smile at each other glad our friend is getting this chance.