Chapter Three: The Prince of Filth

Your POV

"_____! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY HAIR!?" Dark screams as he comes into the room I'm cleaning.

"Oh, I just braided it." I say in a calm voice. Dark attempts to take the braids out by pulling from the top, which causes his hair to tangle more than ever. "You really shouldn't do that..."

"GET THEM OUT IMMEDIATLEY OR I WILL SEND YOU AWAY!" I sigh.

"Sit down and I'll take them out. You already tangled your hair. Take off your hat."

"What!? No! This hat is my pride!" He holds his hat on his head.

"I guess you'll take those braids out yourself then."

"Fine. But if you ever do such a thing to my hair again, you're dead." He glares.

"Alright, alright. Whatever you say." Dark takes his hat off and I get to work getting the braids out. I wonder what time it is... I wonder what Jake is doing... I wonder what kind of product Dark uses in his hair... I slightly smile as I unbraid his hair. "I have the feeling you're secretly liking this. Everyone likes it when someone plays with their hair." A small laugh escapes my lips. "Its like you're a little girl that wanted braids one second and then asks her mother to take them out right after she finishes." I finish fixing his hair.

"Would you shut your mouth for once!?" Dark snaps. "All I hear coming from you is nonsense! How in Hyrule could anyone like you!? You're annoying and defiant! You don't have a filter and say whatever comes to mind! I can't believe people from your world had to put up with you!" He stands up and looks into my (e/c) eyes. "How did you have friends!?" He finishes.

"No one but my brother liked me and I never had friends... I put on a tough act to hide everything. You seriously need anger management." My eyes begin to fill with tears. "Find yourself another maid. I'm going to go look for Link. Maybe he'll treat me better." I begin to walk to the giant doors of the castle, but Dark grabs my arm.

"You're not going anywhere." He growls.

"I will go wherever I please! I have no filter? You're the one that has no filter! I thought... I thought you would be different! I really did! I-I thought that somewhere in your heart, you would have a speck of kindness!"

"I have no heart! Therfore, I have no kindness!"

"You have to have a heart! If you didn't, you'd be dead!" I put my ear up against his chest. I can hear his heartbeat loud and clear.

"Get back, immediatley!" I step back.

"I can hear your heart! Can't you feel it?" He glares at me again.

"No. I don't feel my heartbeat because I don't have a heart. You're lying about hearing a heartbeat."

"No I am not!"

"As punishment for being so rebellious, you will clean my room first."

"Fine then, princess! I'll clean it so well, you won't even know it was your room!" He smirks a bit.

"Good luck with that." He chuckles.

"Give me three large baskets. I'll be done with the room by the end of the day." Dark laughs a bit.

"If you do that, I'll let you go to Castle Town and get whatever you want. You'll get 10,000 rupees to spend." A smirk appears on my face.

"You've got yourself a deal." 10,000 rupees, here I come!

Dark leads me to his room and opens his door. My jaw drops. He's worse than Jake! Clothes tossed everywhere, bloody swords on the wall, and.... mold?

"You are disgusting.... Prince of Filth..." I mumble. Dark flicks my shoulder, leaving a red mark. "OWIE! What the hell!? That hurt!"

"Get cleaning, maid." He smirks.

"Yes, princess." I growl.

"I am a prince. Your prince! I rule you! I practically own you!"

"Shut up and go away. I need to work."

"No meals for a week." What a bitchy prince... I say nothing and get to work cleaning.

With my amazing speed, I pick all of his clothes up and put them in one basket. After getting those picked up, I clean all of the garbage and put them in another basket. Finally, it's time to get all of his swords. I carefully put them in the third basket and dust the whole place down. Ha! All of this in just three hours! Ok... it still smells bad... what is that? I peek under the bed to see a whole pile of trash... ew... oh well... I pick all that up, open the windows, and look at my work. Good job _____... ya did good...

Now to clean all of the clothes and swords... I drag the heavy baskets to the small, crystal clear river in front of the castle. Soap... Oh! Here it is. I forgot I brought it with me. After making a small dam, I work on cleaning all of the clothes. Three more hours, and they're all clean. Now for the swords... After humming along to a few of my favorite songs, all the swords are clean. With a smile on my face, I run inside, hang the clothes up to dry, hang the swords up, and smile at my work. Finally done... "DAAAAAARK! I'M FINISHED!" Within seconds, he's in front of me in a poof of black dust.

"You had help... You cheated!" He growls.

"No I didn't. I did this all by myself. I know a thing or two about cleaning smelly rooms. Where's the 10,000 rupees?" He sighs and hands me a wallet full of rupees. I'll count this later... "Thank you! So where am I going to sleep?" I ask, hoping to get a good room.

"The dungeon."

"No... I wanna have a tower! Like the princesses in fairy tales! Ya know?"

"You get to be in the dungeon."

"Tower."

"Dungeon!"

"Tower!"

"DUNGEON!"

"TOWER!"

"DUNGEON!"

"DUNGEON!"

"TOWER!" A huge smirk appears on my face while Dark just frowns. "Fine... you get... the tower..." He clenches his fists and leads me to the tower. Suddenly, he stops. "You are not to come out until I call for you in the morning, is that clear?"

"Yeah. But I might... sleep walk a little. You can't get mad at me if I do that..."

"THIS IS MY CASTLE AND I CAN GET MAD AT WHOEVER I WANT!" He shouts.

"That may be true, but if you keep getting mad, you'll lose everything you love. You really need to learn how to control your anger!" His eyes seem to glow a bit.

"Don't you ever tell me what to do. I rule this castle and the land around it. You are my property. I will use you as I please and you will do as I tell you." I glare at him, cross my arms, and lean towards him a little.

"Make me." I step back a bit. "I am not property! I am a human being, and I intend to be treated as one! I will clean the dishes, mop the floors, dust and clean every room, and cook. The least you could do is give me some respect! I am not a slave! Stop treating me like one! I don't care if you kill me. I really don't give a shit! You don't scare me, Dark! I know you just act this way because you feel alone and you don't know how to accept people. Be more thankful!" I shout the last part. Dark is shaking in anger. He grabs my arm and throws me in the room.

"NO MEALS FOR A WEEK, HARD LABOR, AND UNLESS I SUMMON YOU, YOU STAY IN YOUR ROOM!"

"FINE THEN, FAIRY BOY!"

"NO SHOWERS EITHER!" He slams the door and locks it. What a great day... I clean the room a bit and open the window, which turned out to actually be a balcony. I'll come out here tomorrow morning. I crawl into bed and slowly fall asleep hoping that tomorrow will be a better day.