Chapter 10

"We're finally home." I said while removing my shoes.

"So, you don't really like to go outside?" Asked Konohamaru.

"At this point, yes. I just want to lay in bed all day." I replied and he chuckled a little bit.

"We're total opposites. I like to go outside and do missions while you just want to lay in bed." He said.

"I mean, I haven't had a home in almost 2 decades so, I'm just seizing this chance." I said and we went inside.

"Oh yeah, my bad." He said.

Dead silence...

"Hey, what do you want for dinner?" He asked breaking the silence.

"Dude, we just ate." I replied.

"Sorry, I'm used to plan my meal early so I can run errands in case I don't have any ingredients." He said.

"Anything you want." I replied and he smiled at me.

"I'll be in my room." I added then I left him and entered my room.

One thing caught my eye. A box beside my bed. I opened it and I saw Kohan's gifts and letters. I can't help but to cry.

Who would have thought that while he's giving me these gifts and writing me these letters, he's already cheating on me? I feel so stupid.

"Kira?" I heard Konohamaru called outside my room. I quickly wiped my eyes before I opened my door.

"Yeah?" I asked him with a smile.

"A-are you okay? I thought I heard you sob." He replied and I nodded.

"Do you have any pit fire?" I asked.

"No, but we can light a fire. Why do you need it?" He asked.

"I'm just going to burn some things." I replied.

Konohamaru and I gathered all the dry woods and twigs that we can find and started to make a fire. We even included dry leaves just to make sure the fire will stay. Once we made sure that the fire will be strong, he lit it by using his fire style. It's almost dark.

I went back inside, and I grabbed the box full of Kohan's bullshits.

Once I got back, Konohamaru was already trying to burn some stuffs. I opened the box and started to pick the biggest item in there. A teddy bear.

"Is that his gifts?" He asked and I nodded.

"Are you sure about this? There's no turning back." He asked again.

"Yes. There's no point on keeping these stuffs." I replied.

I threw the bear in the fire and watch it slowly burn. I saw a couple of our pictures and I threw it next. My heart aches while I watch the pictures turning into ash. I can't help myself but to cry the pain.

I got all of the letters he wrote when he told me that I was the only girl he'd ever want in his life. I looked at it one last time before letting it go.

And there they go to the fire.

I felt some strong arms wrapped around me. I came back to my senses and saw that Konohamaru's hugging me.

"This is the only thing I can offer to you to ease your pain. I'm sorry I can't do anything." He said in a soft low tone.

I hugged him back and buried my face in his chest and cried even more. I can feel his hand patting my head.

"Everything's going to be fine. Not now, but soon. It may take a while, but you'll get there eventually." He said.

I looked at him in his eyes and I can see that he's sincere. I rested my chin on his shoulder and whispered.

"Thank you for everything." I felt his hug tightened. After a few minutes, we pulled away.

"Are you okay now?" He asked.

"Yeah, thank you very much." I replied.

"No more crying before sleeping, okay?" He said.

"I can't promise that." I said with a faint smile.

"Then I'll sleep with you just to make sure you're not gonna cry." He said.

"You don't have to. I won't cry anymore." I said.

"Nope, I'll sleep with you tonight." He said and he held my hand then he pulled me inside.

He made me sit on the couch and then he went to our rooms to get something.

When he got back, he's holding a mattress and our pillows.

"We're going to sleep here tonight." He said.

He laid the mattress in the living room floor and he threw our pillows. He went to his room and when he got back, he's already holding his blanket.

He laid in the mattress and tap the space beside him.

"Come one, let's sleep already. I'm tired." He said. Guess I don't have a choice but to lay beside him.

I left the couch and get in the blanket with him, but I turned my back to him.

"Turn around so I can see if you're crying or not." He said so, I turned around to face him.

I wasn't expecting that his face will be so close to mine. I adjusted a bit, so I won't accidentally kiss him.

I covered my face with his blanket, and I smelled his scent. God, he smells so good.

"No covering." He said.

"You're so strict." I replied.

I removed my cover and saw that his eyes are already close. He must be really sleepy.

I can't help myself but to stare at his face. He's really good looking and I just realized it now.

Not long after, I felt his arms around my waist. I quickly shut my eyes pretending to sleep. He's pulling me to him slowly and when our bodies met, he buried his face on the crook of my neck.

I don't know but that made me fall asleep faster.