"We are happy. I just wish you were there too." I mumbled. She chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"If I wasn't on my death bed, I wouldn't have had the courage to send that letter to your Dad. It all happens for good." She said, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "I was considering asking my brother for help, which, we both know, I'd hate doing."

I nodded.
"Dad is sad sometimes. I try my best though."

"You are his happiness. Your best is more than enough for him to be happy. He may be busy but he cares. That reminds me, ask your Grandpa to smack some sense into him. He's hurting himself. That old man."

I smiled, almost chuckled, but couldn't. I couldn't get past just a smile. I couldn't laugh. There was this sadness inside me that kept on growing every second. I don't know what.

"About you and Zack. You have my blessings. I'm happy you found someone to spend your life with. Thanks to Dad for that. Your Grandpa, I mean."

Yeah. Grandpa was the matchmaker.

"I want to see your kids. I love you and I'm always watching you from up there. Although I know I should give you and Zackie privacy while you eat each other's faces off but a little peek won't hurt." She winked while saying the last part. That's where I get my humor.

But wait. Something isn't adding up. Zack.

I gasped as my eyes filled with tears.
"But Zack is dead." I cried out. "He got shot and fell to the floor. Mom, he was so still. He wasn't breathing."

A sob escaped my mouth.

No. How could he leave me so soon?

We were supposed to go on that date this weekend. We were supposed to get married. He was supposed to see me in that short outfit I bought.

How could I let that happen? I knew it would end wrong. I knew he'd get hurt and Salvatore will kill him.

I shouldn't have ran and try to distract them. No! He shouldn't have ran to save me.

"School was great. We miss your pranks though." A voice echoed around me.

I looked up. Mom was gone.

"Mom." I called out, still crying. I need her. She can't come back then vanish like that.

"Evvie?" Someone called out. What is happening?

"Nathan?" I said.

The voices echoing in the background did not stop as they went on and on about how school was. I could hear some things that someone has said to me before. But who and when, I didn't know.

I turned around, towards the source and saw Nathan standing there. Looking to his side, I saw Zack standing there, with Mom standing behind him. She was smiling.

This is so confusing.

"Zack? I'm so sorry." I cried, rushing forward towards him, but something stopped me from moving forward and I fell to my knees.

"I'm so sorry." I choked out. "I didn't want that to happen. Please don't leave me. I won't live through this. I can't live without you." I begged, clasping my hands together.

He just smiled a little and shook his head.

"Let's go, twinny." Nathan said, extending his hand.

I shook my head and choked back a sob.
"Please. I can't leave you." I pleaded but Zack just shook his head again.

If this is a weird dream, I don't want to wake up. I can't see Zack so close, then wake up to him not there.

"You need to go, Nerdy. You have your whole life ahead of you. It was destined to happen. It happened. Maybe there's something better for you." He said, making me cry harder. "Your twin needs you. He can't live without his other half either. Go with him."