Chapter 85

They left about half an hour ago. Now I'm staring at Oliver and Henry again.

They just shared looks and shrugged, not really knowing what to do in this situation.

I want to hug Zack so bad.

I sighed for the millionth time and picked up my laptop.

I stared at the red blinking dot.

The mics were connected and thankfully there was nothing suspicious so far.

Thought too soon.

I started hearing footsteps and hushed voices.
"Am I hearing things?" I asked, quietly.

"No." Oliver said, as him and Henry stood up and walked over to me, listening closely. They loaded their guns, while paying full attention to the voices.

"Can you tell where they are?" Henry asked. I nodded.

"The hallway outside the kitchen." I said. They nodded and moved towards the door.

"That's not the plan." I could make out the words when they came closer to the mic.

"What's the plan then?" Another voice asked. This one sounded younger.

"The boss wants to kill two birds with one stone..."

"Stop." I said, quietly, stopping Oliver and Henry.

"We have to take the princess to opposite side of town, while her brothers are busy being killed at the other place. He's wicked smart. Wants to have this Mafia in his hands."

Are they dumb? They're chatting so casually.

"That's why we have enough time to take the princess where the boss is waiting. It's a trap. You're a newbie. You'll learn." The same man continued.

"But what about the hostage?" The other voice asked.

"Killed right before the princess's eyes." The Man said, chuckling.

I gasped and looked at Oliver and Henry.

I need to do something.

"You guys go handle them. I'll call Elonzo." I muttered hurriedly. They nodded before making their way out of the room.

I called Elonzo, knowing he won't pick up. It's hard to contact them once they get so set on an attack or something.

Truck it.

I grabbed my bike keys from my desk drawer and checked the cameras, looking for a way to escape.

Even if Oliver and Henry catch these truckers, there will surely be more men somewhere.

After I was done planning the route, I hacked the gates so they stay open.

It'll be too late if the guards start arguing with me.

Great.

I sneaked out of my room, sweat trickling down my forehead. I don't know what is happening with the two kidnappers. So it's scary.

I was successful in getting out of the mansion and ran to the garage.

I almost banged my head on a wall when I saw the gates closed.

Elonzo asked for a 'manual' gate which could be closed and opened without any technology. I forgot this particular piece of information. Oh well.

He's grounded.

I took a deep breath and started the bike, glaring at the gates with a sudden determination.

It seems like a good idea. It better be or I'm gonna get yeeted to Mars.