Chapter 25

Two days later.

Evelina's POV.

Its so depressing. I'm here alone while all of the brothers are trying to get us out of this situation.

All I've done in the past two days is overthinking.
I still feel bad, they could die because I was helping someone spy on them.

I know, they threatened to hurt the kids, but its my fault everyone thinks I'm their weakness. Maybe I am.

And that guilt is eating me away. Everyone trying to reach them through me, because I'm not clever enough to know what's happening.

Ryder, Tyler and Nathan tried being with me all the time and making me laugh, then I had to ask them to leave me alone, because of orders from the dumb prince of the 'I have no brain, still I run an organisation thingy to take a whole mafia down' kingdom.

And now I'm going insane. Like I want to wear a short dress and twerk, which is another level of insanity in my dictionary.

"Tonight you're gonna sneak into the Capo's office and search for a file we want." Anthony had said.

"He will know. There are cameras in his office." I replied the same response, I've been giving them since the first day. There are cameras all around the house.

Their plan has so many holes in it. I really want to meet them again and knock on their heads to check if they have something in there.

"That's your job to come up with an excuse, because if we get caught, you know what will happen." He said, smugly.

And here I am sitting in my room. Leo is still trying to get their location. It should be soon now. Its shouldn't take this long.

I heard the front door being slammed shut.

Someone tell me what is happening!!

After a long time of silence, I groaned into the pillow.

I'm missing Dad.

It sucks not being able to help. I want to work with Leo and get the location.

"What?" Ben said.

"What what?" I asked, annoyed by his existence.

"Why did you go like uuuuugggghhhhh?" He said, groaning.

"Because I have a pillow in my hand and I was annoyed why it wasn't your throat so I could strangle you to death?" I said, in a duh tone.

"You know you can't do that." He scoffed.

"Don't even try to challenge me." I said, in a warning tone.

"You really are one hot-headed and aggressive princess." He said.

"Mafia Princess." I corrected. "We're supposed to be hot-headed and aggressive. Runs in the blood, unlike you, who have idiocy running in their blood." I said, way too sweetly.

"Yeah. That is why we're here today. Us giving you orders and you doing everything, following orders like a good puppy.." He chuckled.

"Yeah. That's why we're here. You using kids as pawns for your game and being filthy little b-words and me trying to save lives." I retorted.

"You won't be able to save those lives for long. You're all gonna die." He said, evilly.

At that precise moment, I heard a door slam open again. But this time, the voice sounded through the earpiece.