𝕯𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖘

We eat breakfast in silence.

Jurian sits across from me, slurping on his tea. From beneath his brown hair, his curious brown eyes flick between Tamlin and I.

His mouth remains stuck in a permanent, all-knowing smirk.

I ignore him and nudge my food around on my plate.

All night, I tossed and turned, waiting for the High Lord to visit my bed-chamber.

Had he too agonised all night, waiting? Does his body yearn for mine as mine does for his?

I wonder how the High Lord makes love. Softly and lovingly?

No. He would be rough, as nasty and feral as the beast that prowls beneath his calm, green eyes. He would tear me to pieces, in the foulest ways.

My toes curl in my slippers.

"No appetite this morning, Persephone?" Jurian asks, breaking me from my naughty thoughts. He leans his elbows on the table and spins his fork between his long fingers.

I glare at him. A simple response.

But I slide my eyes over to Tamlin. He sits at the head of the table, a plate of piping food sitting in front of him. Not a bite touched. And I change my mind.

I turn back to Jurian with my widest smile and lean forward, pushing my breasts up against the table.

With fluttering lashes, I murmur, "Actually, I find myself quite famished today,"

Jurian smirks wickedly as he leans across, "Ah. Perhaps you should eat something then," he drawls. His voice is low. His brown eyes excited.

Mischievous, unusual General.

I tilt my head and look at his lips.

"I'm sick of toast," I pout. "I don't suppose you have something to better suit my tastes, Jurian?"

Jurian's eyes flicker with mischief. He leans forward further. His elbow knocks over a plate of scones, sending them tumbling. He doesn't bat an eye.

The General licks his lips, "I can think of something delicious for you,"

Tamlin's gaze is on me as I lean forward, my chest almost atop the table. I brush my long hair behind my ears as I smile.

"Oh?" I say.

Jurians mouth opens but before he can speak, Tamlin slams his hands down onto the table. The table jerks and the plates soar into the air. My breakfast falls to the floor.

"Enough," the High Lord booms.

Jurian and I pause.

Tamlin turns to the human, his gaze as sharp as his tone as he spits, "Shouldn't you be on your way to the human realm, Jurian?"

Jurian shrugs. He says, "I was enjoying my breakfast,"

Tamlin's eyes narrow.

"Jurian."

The human chuckles and pushes back his chair. He rounds the table and stops beside me, a scone in his hand. He pushes it toward me.

"To please you," he winks. "But when I see you again, say the word, and I'll give you something truly pleasurable to eat, Persephone."

With that, the sly human spins on his heels and leaves. I hear the foyer door shut behind him.

I drop the scone onto my plate and try not to blush as Tamlin watches me from the head of the dining table. He snaps his fingers and the scone disappears into the air. I resist the urge to roll my eyes; petty High Lord.