9. Pretty & Shiny

Start from the beginning

"A cover?" JK was trying to get it out of him.

"I'll tell you guys later; it's a surprise for this one," Tae cocked his head at Satine sitting with a pout.

She hated not being in the loop. She'd never missed a gig and was practically the leader of their non-existent fan club. Managing them was what she used to do in her free time.

"It's cool, I don't need you," she crossed her arms in a sulk. "I have a really important job now working for Mr Hoity-Toity Park."

The two men glanced over at Taehyung, knowing his distaste for the word.

"Oh, congratulations are in order then?" Hoseok beamed. "Shall we go downstairs for a drink? Come on, I know you want to..." He was waving a beer can tauntingly in Tae's face.

"I'm up for a drink!" Satine giggled, jumping up. "Let me get changed first," she grossly looked down at her attire.

Taehyung eyed up her outfit, admiring the view from behind. She looked good as always, just not herself in the sophisticated gear. He was pretty sure Satine was as tom-boy as they came, but he liked that edge about her. He liked that she didn't care about looking perfect, even though she always did regardless.

"You should let your hair down for once!" Tae teased, watching her ponytail flick behind her as she ran off holding her heels in her hand.

"Never!" She yelled back.

He was eager to know what she was like as a kid, the girl must have hissed at anyone who put a Barbie doll near her.

"Little minx," he muttered under his breath, turning to his best friend. "She got a job as a personal assistant for some CEO. Can you believe that?"

"Of course we can, have you seen her? That girl screams sexy secretar-" Hoseok stopped himself before finishing, cowering under Taehyung's glare. "Which company?"

"I don't know... I don't even think she knows. It's just gonna be weird not having her around as much. She's a great distraction."

Noticing JK's subtle frown, he scolded himself for sounding so cold and thoughtless. She was more than just a distraction; she was kind, funny and a great fuck, which were all the traits he was sure he'd fallen in love with. She was also so similar to him with the ability to have his heart racing in seconds.

The wild ones can be controlled, and he was the one to do so.

"You know what I mean..."

JK nodded.

"Ready!" Satine came bouncing out of his room wearing and oversized top and her signature boots.

"Now that's much better," he complimented, wrapping his arm around her waist and kissing the side of her head. "Perfect access for later," he couldn't have spoken any lower if he tried.

Her little laugh was perfect.

"Let's go celebrate then," Hoseok was already halfway down the stairs.

-

They'd propped themselves down at the bar, each of them calling out to bartender Dan for their regular drinks. Taehyung couldn't be seen without a glass of Jack Daniels, JK liked to stick to beer and Hoseok was partial to a dry gin.

"Where's Yoongi?" Satine turned to his best friend as she shot down her mini cocktail.

"Where do you think?" Hoseok snorted. "The guys wasted, I had to put him to bed at two."

Yoongi had an extreme liking for Vodka and Satine knew why. It was always the fastest drink to get her drunk as well.

"Hey, Fontaine?" JK called out from the furthest seat. It shocked her, the directness in his tone, only because he rarely ever was the one to strike up a conversation.