# CHAPTER 06 #

Thanks for all your comments and votes for the last chapter.

Hope you all enjoy this chapter too!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

          Wei Wuxian looked around for one last time to see if Lan Wangji had come at the last minute. But alas! He was just dreaming the impossible.
         "Lan Zhan, I hope we don't meet again. Farewell." He said to himself.
        With that, both he and his little brother were taken away.

         Time flew by. It had been already two months. Two months since misery fell upon the Wei family.

          Wei Wuxian tried to sleep. He had been not sleeping properly since that day and now as much as he wanted to sleep, he couldn't. Certain words from that day kept haunting him and now had ruined his life.
         Wei Wuxian sighed. He was trying the impossible again. He knew he wouldn't be able to sleep but still he tried his best. Of all the things he knew was hard to achieve, sleep and hunger weren't even closer to them.

          Wei Wuxian got up. If he couldn't sleep, he might as well do something else. He looked around his cell. There was nothing except for a little window. It too was barred. 'Well,' he thought, 'it's not like I will go anywhere else even if they wanted me to.'
          When he was buzy admiring the moonlight that came in through the window, someone opened his cell and came in.
         "A-xian, what are looking at that window?"
         Wei Wuxian knew that voice very well by now. It was none other his little brother's long lost friend.
         Wei Wuxian didn't bother turning his head.
          "The moon must be bright tonight." He said instead.
          "It is. It is a full moon today."
The other replied with a smile on his face.
         "Why are you not sleeping?"
The other questioned.
          Wei Wuxian didn't bother with answering again. He simply ignored the other and continued watching the moonlight.
         "Are you having nightmares again?"
         Wei Wuxian stiffened upon hearing the word 'nightmare'. Well he wasn't having nightmares. He was having something more than that. He still didn't know what it was. And he didn't want to know either. Either way, nothing was going to change.
         "Only if you tell me, I can help you." The other pushed.
         Wei Wuxian sighed once again. No, he was doing this a lot recently. He turned to the other and asked in a cold tone, his earlier mood gone.
         "Help...?"
         "Yes, if not you won't be able to sleep forever."
          "Hahahaha.... Help is not in my dictionary. I don't do it to others and don't expect others to do it for me either."
         The other was out of words. It was always like this. No matter how much he tried to have a conversation with the other, it always ended sooner than he thought. He clenched his teeth. But soon he changed his expression. He put on a smile again and with the calmest voice one could ever here,
         "Alright then. I will leave now."
         He turned around and left.

         Yes. This is Wei Wuxian. The present Wei Wuxian. The Wei Wuxian who no longer cared about others. Well, except for his brother.
The Wei Wuxian who no longer spoke more than five minutes. The Wei Wuxian who no longer slept or ate properly. The Wei Wuxian who no longer thought on behalf of others. The Wei Wuxian who was indifferent to everyone from anyone.
         And yes. This was how he was going to be. Same as how they were on that particular day when his mother was beheaded for no reason. And he liked his present self better. This way, he would be less hurt.

          Meng Yao came out of the cell. He was angry. How could he not be when all his efforts had gone in vain? No. This cannot continue. He had to do something.
         Meng Yao smirked. He already had a plan on mind.
        With the plan set, he walked away.
         Later that night, he once again came into the prison. But this time his location was different. As usual, he didn't go to Wei Wuxian's cell. Instead, he went to his little brother's cell which was on the end.