アサシン ∙ 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐬

Start from the beginning

Kazoku's basement was the kind of place Jungkook never dreamed he'd ever set foot again, and just to be there, outside the cell, watching Yeo Jingoo's unconscious figure—the one who was trapped instead, was too bizarre to be true. 

Jungkook was left alone by the two men with the promise the leader would come to him. He made sure to leave an indifferent response on the matter saying he needed to wake up early the next day. It was crucial to continue with his unconcerned officer role until the end. 

And so, when Detective Yeo woke up with a groan, he remind himself to keep it intact.

The hostage took a while to get his full consciousness back. Scared eyes ran around the cell in confusion as he pulled himself to sit, hand pressed against his head to ease the pain of the blow he received— Disorder.

Jungkook stood stiffly on the wall with his arms tightly folded and jaw locked once Jingoo's eyes landed on him. 

"What..." he spoke, voice echoing around the room. 

"How're you feeling, Jingoo?"

His face hardened. 

"Aside from the fact that I got hit on the head, that I don't know where I am and I'm absolutely sure you did nothing to stop whoever it was who attacked me... Still, not so good."

The officer narrowed his eyes discreetly to the stairs above, giving a small glance. "I can imagine."

"Mind explaining to me where the hell we are?!" Jingoo hissed. 

Jungkook blinked back to the hostage, unfolded his arms, and rose away from the wall, circling around the chair in front of the cell to take a seat. His body leaned forward as he crossed his hands between his legs, looking right into Jingoo's face. The man was getting disturbed with all the suspense he was making and panic began to rush up over his body when he realized that Jungkook wasn't trying to get him out.

"You're in Kazoku's basement. They have been tricking us since the beginning of the investigation... giving out clues on purpose."

"Kazok...? Why?"

"Because they wanted you, Jingoo," Jungkook said flatly. "That's all they wanted. Your father is a candidate for the presidency and someone's not very happy about it... so it seems."

Jingoo sat more straightly, whispering, "My father?"

"It makes perfect sense to take a leap in the dark if the upshot it's so advantageous... I assume they're receiving serious money to have gone that far to catch you."

Jingoo's mind worked quickly; things were spinning; questions and questions surfaced. He was lost, struggling to keep himself from shaking his head several times in denial. When he had time to process it all, the biggest question turned up and he snarled at the other detective. "And how do you get into all this? We were both working together out there!"

"I offered to help."

His eyes widened. "You..."

"I offered to bring you to them since they were having a bit of a hard time with the task," Jungkook explained. "You must have a lot of questions, but I think just one answer will clear up all your doubts at once."

Without uttering a word, the caged officer started clenching his fists as his knuckles turned white.

"Moving up in rank isn't something that happens overnight... you know that, and I know that—we've both shown our talent inside that department well and it won't be long before one of us is chosen to move up again next year. It was fun to compete with you at first, Jingoo, only now it's over."