Chapter 7

March 10th, 2039

11.20 PM

"Be sure to meet again, Officer Jeon" he assured, and took the ring, just in time before Officer Lee walked in. As he collapsed on the bed, the detective breathed a sigh of relief.

'That was so damn close'

He closed his eyes to calm himself down but all he could possibly think about was how he entered the other side of that portal, his encounter with another him, and the whole talk they had before they were interrupted. He still can't believe it happened, although it is like a secret wish for anyone who is into this sort of genre such as himself. But there's no 101 class or a YouTube tutorial on what to do when you find yourself in front of a portal or happen to stumble upon another dimensional you.

His mind had wandered into a tangle of thoughts when his phone abruptly vibrated, jolting him back to reality. When Wonwoo picked up the phone, he noticed a message from Minghao that said, 'Call me when ur free Hyung'.

Minghao, who is another Chinese member of the team, was working on the third case along with Wonwoo. The lad is known for his exceptional communication skill but shows his silly and goofy side only to his members and not anyone out of his circle of comfort. The first murder wasn't a big deal the first couple of days. But soon after the second and third cases came in and the team had to split into three in order to solve the cases, and Minghao suffered internal strain as he, a person who would work to see results, couldn't get anywhere near his contentment.

Wonwoo phoned him immediately knowing that Minghao normally doesn't message or call and prefers to chat face to face unless it's something urgent.

"Hao?"

"Hey Hyung. It's about Doctor Cho"

"Go on"

" I got some leading info about him. It seems he was part of a small friend group. I have no clue as to who they are but all I found was that he was in it along with Professor Park"

"Professor Park? These two know each other? So that means....."

"That means Mr.Song knew Professor Park too. That means all three cases are related to each other."

"We need to tell the others. But before that let's gather more information on it. How did you get your hands on this ?"

"Remember someone who was caught for 'drunk and driving' a few days ago? I was asked to join the new investigators to investigate him. Luck was on our side and that person happened to talk about his past. He literally blurted everything out! It seems he used to be part of this team, including professor park, Doctor Cho, and Mr.Song, who all wanted to create a device that could change the world but they all went on their own ways and he didn't see them ever since. He said it's been 10 years and doesn't know why they were murdered now. I wanted to ask more but he was just too drunk to give me a straight answer. All of the sudden, he started yelling at me for taking his puppy for a walk !!! I even doubt if he has a puppy" Minghao filled him in with what he had discovered. He sounded way more bright than usual given the fact that they got some information about the victims.

That's it! Suddenly he was able to make sense of everything he got so far. The ring, the three murders, the man's past. But he still tried to understand what the man meant by changing the world. Perhaps a war or just for power he couldn't tell but he understood that the man had more answers than anyone he knew.

"Excellent! Finally, we got something out of this. It's just a matter of days we'll get to the bottom of this" he exclaimed. "Hao, you need to somehow get him out and have him in your custody. If anyone asks, just come up with something. We need him"