Chapter 6

March 10th, 1989

11.56 PM

"Good evening. Your name, Sir?" came a voice from the doorbell microphone. Joshua pulled down his window and pushed the button to speak.

"Good evening. It's officer Hong" he said and in a few seconds, the gate in front of them opened, clearing the way for them to drive through. "Make sure to keep your eyes wide open here" he didn't even turn to look at them when he warned. Looking straight ahead he instructed them to stay together and alerted either one when they found anything suspicious. Although the advocate was a well-respected guy who had total authority over the security, Joshua never dared to put his trust in anyone within those walls. He was the person when he feels something is off he KNOWS something is definitely off. "And let's not get blood on your hands, guys. Especially you, Jihoon," he teased. Both Joshua and Seungkwan were rather surprised when he said he's in for it, as they thought he would bail on them. To be honest, he was a lot more enthusiastic than the two officers that scared Joshua a little.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot !" Seungkwan tapped on the older one. " you don't have to worry about it much. We already have our people inside. They'll be your hand if anything goes wrong."

"Okay, so how will I know it's them?"

"Keyword, Blue diamond"

"Roger"

Joshua pulled up in front of the main entrance of the huge manor and upon getting out of the car, they were welcomed by Mr.Zhao, the advocate himself.

"Officer Hong, Officer Boo" He offered both of them a handshake. "The other chap, where is he?" to find Jun he glanced about shortly. Mr. Zhao had a soft spot in his heart for Jun since he, too, was Chinese, and throughout their initial inquiry, the young man was both nice and focused on his work, earning him a sweet spot in his heart. And not just Jun, but also the other two. Even if Joshua had concerns, the lawyer appeared entirely to trust them.

" You mean Officer Wen, sir? Something came up at the last minute so he had to attend to that, Mr.Zhao," Seungkwan answered. " So officer Lee joined us for tonight!". Jihoon came in front of both of the other officers, gave a small bow, and shook hands with Mr.Zhao. He looked quite pleased.

"Shall we?". All three followed behind the advocate into the manor that looked like a small world unto itself. Jihoon tried to keep it professional and ignore the interior but it was too glorious to be ignored. The mansion was all concrete with predominant colors of tan and gold highlights, creating an interesting contrast to the original interior trim painting and a big chandelier in the center that hangs as the main eye-catcher of the main entrance. Tall glass windows gave a view of the night sky just above the garden outside. Going through the door on the east facade, they came into the grand hallway. He was quite distracted by the whole manor that he even started to believe what Seungkwan said about the advocate could have been the reason for the CEO to disappear just to have the whole place to himself was true. That may also be an extremely probable cause.

"Jihoon?" Joshua murmured and touched his shoulder for his attention, bringing him back to the reality of him being there for an important assignment and not falling in love with the manor. Before he joined Seungkwan who was engaging Mr.Zhao with some questions, he gave a glance that said, "You know what to do." Jihoon understood what he had to do, gave out a sigh, and walked over to the advocate.

" I'm really sorry for interrupting the conversation, Mr.Zhao." The three of them came to a halt and turned to face him. He offered a gentle bow and smiled. " I didn't foresee the last-minute substitution and the long travel, but could I use the um..."

"The restroom?"

"Oh yes! The restroom. It's a little awkward and embarrassing!" he confessed. The other two giggled a little and made him regret what he was doing. He had to continue with the act, though.