Chapter 5

March 10th, 1989

11.00 PM

" Hi...?" Even before the detective could say or do anything the officer aimed his pistol at him. "WOAH! WOAH! CHILL DOWN MAN! I'M NOT GONNA HURT YOU" he tried to calm the other while putting his hands up. The detective never thought a day would come where he would be the one in front of a gun but there he was, trying to hold on to his dear life not knowing if the other would pull the trigger even before he could explain himself.

"Who the hell are you and how did you get in here?" the officer asked, his eyes were fixed at the detective. He was shocked at seeing 'himself' standing right in front of him but for all he knows the other could be dangerous.

"I'm..." the detective took a deep breath in and continued "Wonwoo. Detective Jeon Wonwoo and honestly even I have no clue how this happened"

"CUT THE CRAP!" The officer shouted, startling Detective Jeon. " Tell me who you really are before I put the bullet into your head"

"Listen, I know it's hard to believe but I'm telling the truth"

"Again. I'm not afraid to use this gun."

"And I'm not afraid to use mine either" snapped the detective nonchalantly. Detective Jeon glanced up and gave the officer an icy glare. He was terrified as well, knowing that he didn't have many alternatives for escaping, but if he wants to talk to the officer, then he should approach him how Seungcheol would talk to him when he goes off track. Show no fear and speak logically. When things go out of hand Seungcheol knows exactly what to say to each of the members to make sure he has control and for Wonwoo this worked all the time. "I could have shot you when you entered the room. But I didn't. I want answers and I believe you want it too"

The silence descended upon the room. He didn't know if he got to the officer but either way, he couldn't afford to lose his composure. All he could tell was that the other was equally terrified and oblivious to what was going on. After a few seconds, the officer lowered his gun.

"Fine," he said, showing no interest.

"Good. I told my name now you tell me yours"

"Is this some kind of joke??"

"Does it look like I'm joking??" the detective questioned back. The officer let out a sigh and then spoke out.

"I'm Officer Jeon. Jeon Wonwoo" Only then the detective understood why the other didn't trust him. A shiver ran down his spine as he was trying to make some sense out of the situation. From all the novels he had read he could tell that he had opened another dimension and was standing in front of himself.

"Okay I know this sounds really weird but I think I'm you in another time and space." The detective started to which officer Jeon gave a dubious expression"It's like an Alternate Universe or...or Parallel universe!"

"Or we could just be some long-lost twins you know?"Although the words sounded foreign to him, the officer listened to him. For him, the scenario was not easy to understand let alone an entirely new idea of an alternative reality of some sort.

"You know what," the detective tried to pull out his phone and the officer raised his gun again in an instant. " relax it's just my phone" he slowly took it out and showed it to him.

" Why is it just a black screen ?"

"Don't you know about smartphones? Oh, right I forgot. Which year is it for you ?"

"Um..1989?"

"This was invented a few years later, and another reason why we can't be twin brothers. The year right now for me is 2039. Way ahead of you, officer." the detective reiterated while opening his gallery. "Right. Do these guys look familiar?" He showed the other a picture on his phone.