Chapter 1

March 10th, 1989

The time read 9.45 pm on the clock that has been in that office more than the officers themselves. It wasn't an extraordinary week for anyone. Except for the fact that Lee Chan, the youngest amongst them, was promoted two months ago, into the department's major head team, "Private eyes" - A dream achievement for any officer or a trainee.

As much as it's a wonderful position to have, it was really difficult for the members to cope. Especially when you have a case in your hands that is not close to being solved anyplace. Clearer, they discovered nothing to break the case. And All 13 officers were troubled. It's been that way for quite a while.

"no trace of fingerprints, no trace of anyone coming in or going out of the mansion, and OBVIOUSLY not a single witness !!! Just how long are we gonna keep this going ?!?" One of the younger members, Boo Seungkwan, smashed a stack of documentary paper on his desk, instantly disturbing Kim Mingyu's slumber. One of his seniors, Mingyu, was also his neighbor to the desk. Upon understanding what he had done, Seungkwan gently patted him on the head and put him back to sleep. Days or perhaps weeks had passed since all 13 had slept properly. It wasn't any better even when there were just agents but now nobody can tell how many days had gone by, it is so intensified. Now that they have their new recruit, it made things a bit more bearable. Nevertheless, It wasn't easy for him, either.

"Last night we received a letter from the CEO Khang's advocate regarding the matter" Joshua, the third senior of the detectives also one of the Americans in the team, rose from his seat holding the letter in his hands and handed it over to the head and the senior-most of the 13 detectives, Choi Seungcheol. "About the latest break-in, to be specific Ceo Khang was last seen by him in his bedroom, that's where we checked a few days ago, but it doesn't appear to be where he was last. His study area is where he believes the CEO may have been. Where? How? Why? He didn't tell. However, he did advise us to meet with him tonight so he could explain himself."

"Of course! Another letter. What did I expect after having this case for 2 months? Nobody is even aware of "this person's" face who has been around kidnapping people like it's another Sunday! And what seemed to be our clue just goes away like it was nothing. Whoever this is, knows what he is doing and he is doing it really well, " Seungcheol grumbled. He massaged his temple slightly and leaned back onto his chair, pondering over everything that has happened in the span of 2 months, hoping to find even the slightest clue, just something even if it was a pen or hair clip or a paper or even, if they were lucky enough, a letter or a message or even a hint why they're doing it.

The room became silent once again.

" right !" collecting all the papers in front of him. " It's time to head home~" Jeon Wonwoo confirmed while he placed all his case files neatly to the corner of his desk and slightly turned himself to his left, now facing the lad next to him who didn't hear a thing Wonwoo said. "Coming?" nudging the other finally getting his attention. His eyes always looked like he was tired 24/7 but now it looked even worse. Wen Junhui, one of the Chinese members of the team and also Wonwoo's best friend, looked like he could barely make it to 11.30 that night.

"I can't man," whining, he dropped his body to fall back on the chair. "I have to go along with Joshua Hyung and Seungkwan to the state counselor's place tonight. His advocate is expecting us at around 1 am and I don't-" before Jun could finish Wonwoo had a better idea.

"Why not tell Jihoon to replace you for a while?"

" And then do what?"

"I don't know man, maybe go find a monkey and try talking to it?" what Wonwoo didn't expect was that Jun shook his head like he was agreeing to it only to realize how pathetically sleepy Jun was. "COME HOME AND REST YOU IDIOT" he gave a small smack behind jun's head before getting up.