| 37 |

There are no ordinary moments
–Dan Millman

The King was frustrated because his plan didn't work.

"It should've worked, I even saw it working on you, But Vante wasn't affected at all. He is useless and a trouble. I should-" The King was trying hard to control himself from breaking something.

"You must calm down and think about it. Maybe your aura isn't supposed to work on someone like Vante because he might be invulnerable to the things like that too. Besides, making someone trust you is never that easy. You've to really be good to him to make him trust you and really like you," Jimin said.

"Good?! Even though I felt like killing him right there, I tried my best to be good. Did you not see it? It didn't work!"

"It wouldn't work that way. If you really want to gain his trust then it will take time. You've to be really good to him for it to work."

"How good? Do you think I can do that?" The King chuckled "Why would I?"

"I don't know. Do you really want to be invulnerable?" Jimin sounded serious.

The King didn't react for a few seconds.

Then he nodded.

"Since you do, you've to be careful about it. Right now, it seems like there's still a chance that Vante will trust you. But if you mess up again, you won't get a second chance. There will be no chance left for you to get invulnerable again. You will have to forget about it."

The King frowned.

"You can take your time to think about it. But better decide something soon so you could act accordingly," Jimin said.

The King nodded. He knew he had to. He couldn't let the opportunity slip away because of his mistake.

"Ok. I'll think about it. You can leave"

"Ok," Jimin said and left.

He wanted to go to a place where it was quiet and for once, he really wanted to not think about the decisions he made or had to make because even though there was nothing he could do to change some things, he still felt regret and stress. He wondered how he could still do the things that mattered to him when he still had so much stuff to do.

He didn't know if Jungkook too was a busy person like him. It was surprising but it felt like he wanted to know how Jungkook did that, what his words really meant.

Because Jimin's life was never that bright or lively. He only had regrets, fear, and the burden of the decisions he had to make. He had no friends because had no time for such things, also, he didn't want to trust anyone for help.

He realized that the work made him so busy that he didn't even notice how he had been missing out on so many small yet important things in life. This time, he felt he should try to change that but it wasn't easy.

Recalling how he misinterpreted Jungkook and made him cry made him feel sad and guilty. He wished he could get a chance to apologize.

✧ ✯ ✧ ✯

Taehyung was wondering whether he was making the right decision to stay there at someone else's place and have almost everything for free, if he should really trust those people. And a part of him was telling him it was okay. There was something about that place that felt good, it felt like he should stay.

Hoseok entered the room. "Hey!"

"Hi"

"Are you ok?"