Chapter 15 - Watch Your Mouth

Start from the beginning

"Watch your mouth."

The way Nate's voice had been sharp, as if a knife plunging deep inside her soul and filling her body with a strange coldness, made her glance up to him. Her breathing halted when she met his gaze, the darkness that had overflowed his eyes a sight that she hadn't ever imagined seeing on him; it reminded her of her own brother when he committed his worst atrocities.

She flinched when she saw Nate move around the counter, slowly approaching her and not stopping until he was a few inches away from her. Then, he leaned his face close to hers, his eyes deeply piercing through hers as if directly gazing inside her mind, her brain, her soul. It was a menacing devilish stare, one that caused her heart to feel as if it would stop any second from how fast it was pounding.

His voice was laced with dangerous venom, one that she could almost smell the poison from it.

"That was the first and last time you ever call my aunt anything. If you ever call her a hoe or anything like that again, it better not reach my ears or else, I don't give a fuck who your brother or family is, I'll find any means necessary to destroy you."

***

When they reached the bar called Locco's, Tyler exited the car first, not even thanking Judy as she stomped her heels towards the entrance, pausing at the door to wait for Nate. Nate wanted to speak to his aunt in private for a few minutes, which was why it was the best moment to turn to her and say, "We'll talk about this tomorrow."

She slowly nodded her head, uneasily biting her bottom lip. Nate hadn't stared at her or said anything the entire ride to the bar, and he finally eyed her for a few seconds before unplugging his seatbelt and pushing open the door. Before he could step out, he heard his aunt call his name.

When he turned back, she sighed and said, "Thank you for having my back."

Nate thought of what he had said to Tyler, glancing at his shows for a second before nodding his head, a small smile pulling his lips. "I love you."

"Love you too," she waved her hand, "enjoy your night."

Tyler had been the one to pick his outfit which he thought was decent. He wore a black turtleneck that was a smaller size to squeeze his toned body, a golden chain around his neck and a diamond watch his parents had bought him as a parting gift before their big reveal. Tan joggers harmonized the entire set, well-accompanied with dim gray sneakers. She had also been the one to do his hair; gently tugged backwards with gel with one ginger curl bouncing in from of his left eye. He agreed he looked elegant when he peered in the mirror.

As for Tyler, she wore a short red silky dress with a small jacket over her shoulders, accompanied with black boot heels that Nate already found annoying.

The moment they entire inside the bar, Nate saw many eyes from older men glance towards Tyler and throwing a second glance and then a third. Tyler was a very good-looking beauty with a curvy physique that even Nate had glanced at a few times, although his only preference was men. Even more, it was clear that Tyler adored the attention since the moment they stepped in, it seemed as if her walk was boosted even more by each glance, her hips swaying further out side to side as they made their way to the counter.

They hadn't drank much at the apartment since the energy had fallen after he told her off, but they both had gotten their mood back when they saw the bartender walking back and forth between customers. When the bartender finally caught Tyler's eye, Nate saw a long smirk stretch across his face and he rapidly ended the conversation with his other customers after serving them before, at giddying speed, skipping to her side.