Chapter 3

Sophie's P.O.V

Clara is pulled off of me and I feel a little better knowing she cant hurt me. That it's over. I lay there my face burried into the carpet, scared of Clara and what she might do if I move. I'm also too afraid to look anyone in the eye. I was becoming like Clara by trying to get back at her. I was just as low as she was. For pushing her off me I was just as bad as her.

"Clara go to the princables office" the teacher says.

"She started it!" Clara accuses me.

"Go" the teacher says sternly.

"But Mr Pine" she whines.

"Go now or I'll give you a detention" he orders her.

I hear her huff off towards the door, her feet hit the ground with a thump. And when she slams the door really hard I almost think it's going to break off its hinges. She was mad.

"Alright take out work from last lesson or do something productive. And no iPods, iPhones and android games do not count. I've got to sort this out but I will be back as soon as possible. Oh and someone please take Sophie to sick bay" he says then leaves.

The door shuts this time a lot softer. I don't want to move because as soon as I'm up the questions will start. Like why did she punch you? What did you say to her? Or they will make nasty comments like you deserve it! I hope that hurts! I'll have to get up sooner or later though. I move slightly and pain jolts throughout the side of my head, she punched me a lot of times. I wince in pain.

"Everyone give her some space" I hear the males voice again. It was then I realized that the teachers voice and this one were similar. But if it wasn't the teachers voice it had to be a new student.

I slowly opens my eyes that were squezzed shut. Floppy, brunette hair swooped off to the side with a buzz cut going around both sides of the head, came into view. His brown eyes held concern? Or maybe it was pity? A strong pair of arms lifted me up, they were his. I felt self conscious, not because a hot, dead drop gorgeous guy was helping me but because someone for once was helping me. I also felt self conscious and nervous of what the class might think. I started to walk towards the door and when I was outside he feel into step along side me.

"Thanks" is all I said head bowed.

"Anytime" he answers sincerely.

After a long silence he says "I used to be that kid".

"Excuse me?", I ask confused.

"Oh you know the one that gets picked on" he replies.

"Oh yeah" I mumble catching on.

We get to sick bay and the boy and I separate before the nurse checks me over. Deciding that there is a lot of swelling she calls an ambulance. To skip the boring details they come and decide that I'm all good, just a slight concussion and to go home to take it easy. To my surprise the boy is waiting outside sick bay.

"What'd they say?", he asks.

"Slight concussion just need to take it easy" I reply.

"Sorry I didn't catch your name" I say politely to stop the awkward silence.

"Tom Pine, yes I'm Mr Pines son" he tells me kinda embarrassed.

"Oh right" I say not knowing what else to say. This is awkward.

"I was just helping out because I had the day off school" he informs me.

"Sophie Campbell could you please come to the front office with your bag, Sophie Campbell" the PA system announces.