Chapter 2

I stand there frozen, not speaking or moving. Should I say something? Although the look on Clara's face makes me decide to hold back and not say a word.

"Emma" Clara said coldly

"Please hear me out" Emma pleads.

Her face looks sad as she pleads for Clara to listen. She pleads to repair a friendship and seek forgiveness for whatever she has done wrong to Clara. Clara on the other hand doesn't show any sympathy, her face is as hard as stone. For a while I almost think she is going to walk off. If she does should I go with her? Or drag her back here to sort it out? Talk to her? Or stay and comfort Emma?

"Fine speak" she says as though she is the most important person and Emma is just a peasant.

"I'm sorry" she starts to say with so much pleading and begging for mercy in her eyes and voice. She looks just about ready to kneel down and beg for forgiveness.

"Sorry? You went and said things about me behind my back" Clara spat.

I was astonished at Clara, I knew she tended to be mean but not this mean. Especially not to her friends, or Emma. Poor little Emma. She was the one Clara always used to be nicer to out of Emma and I. Partly because, even though I didn't mind, I could stand on my own two feet. But mainly because she was the weak one. Without Clara she would be a dorky nerd trapped in her own world of despare. Without Clara accepting her for her dorkiness and bad dress sense she wouldn't have many friends. I tune back into their fighting.

"As though your innocent! what kind of a best friend makes up rumours behind their best friends back!" Emma says.

"I don't know what your talking about" she says acting innocent but I can tell she is hiding something.

"She knows Clara, I told her everything" Emma informs her.

"Is it true?" my voice is shaky as I finally decide to speak.

I couldn't believe Emma over Clara without speaking to Clara. Clara stood there silent. My heart started beating faster. Now was the moment of truth. And I was ready, I had to be.

"Yes it is true" she simply answers still as confident as ever. How could she be so confident knowing she has now lost both Emma and I?

"How could you I thought I was your best friend..." I start to say.

"You bully others and then betray your best friend. I'm sorry but I just can't be in a friendship like this!" I tell her.

"Soph"she says trying to drawn me in and forgive her. But I can't, if you let someone tread over they will continue to do so.

I turn around and start walking back the way we came. Trying to put it behind me and go home. But as I walk away I hear the last part of the conversation and that saddens me.

"You'll regret this!"She yells.

"Look what've you've done! How dare you ruin our friendship dork! I will make you pay so bad you will wish death upon yourself!!!",She yells at Emma.

It wasn't Emma's fault, it was Clara's. I was sad Emma had to put up with this. It was then I decided to protect Emma no matter what. And as for regretting this well, the only thing I regret is supporting her and her bullying ways. I walk away from the one person that I once called sister. Who knows my deepest secrets. And I know she won't be afraid to use them against me. I know she will come at me every chance she gets. Emma eventually catches up to me and we walk in silence. I want to go home and cry into my pillow. Today has been rough and I feel ready to break down. Emma takes a hold of my hand and leans on my shoulder as we walk.

"You still have me" she whispers knowing that I feel like I've just lost my world. That's what I like about true friends they know what to say and when to say it. They know what your feeling and how to comfort you. If they don't know this then they don't really care for you. But then again even people like Clara know how to play best friend.

"It's ok Soph, I'll never leave you!" She adds.

-Back to present day-

Everything can change so much in one moment, one sentence or one day. I didn't ever think Clara would betray my trust. I didn't think she would say those things or even treat me that way. And I definitely didn't expect her to still be bullying me one year later. I thought she was just saying that and would soon get bored of me. As promised though she made sure it was my biggest regret. But for someone reason even though she thought it was, it wasn't. I didn't regret to walk away from the friendship. I don't regret becoming unpopular or not having many friends. Or being called names all day. Those things all hurt but it still doesn't make me regret getting rid of the unfaithful people out of my life. And for now that is what is keeping me going. Knowing I'm suffering now instead of later when they be unfaithful to me. And she sure does make me suffer. Everyday she is waiting, waiting for me. She hits me and punches me. I broke my leg when she pushed me down the stairs. She calls me names and starts rumours. All my class mates either don't want to associate with me or think bad of me. I have no friends. Emma was my only friend until she moved away. I miss Emma but I'm happy for her. She has friends, a boyfriend and is happy once again. And I'm glad that she isn't here suffering. Cause that's how Clara hurt me most. Even though she hurt me phishically, emotionally and mentally, she hurt me most by being mean to Emma. I feel so stupid. Maybe I should've just forgiven Clara then maybe none of this would be happening. But that meant betraying Emma and myself. And that meant supporting a bully, I don't want to do that or be a bully. I will admit I've bullied before, we all bully at some point. But I don't want to be the bully and I don't want to be like Clara. I snap out of my thoughts whilst preparing to walk into my class room. And face another day. I walk in and immediately feel vulnerable.

"Hey loser" Clara says as I walk to my desk.

Great Clara is at school.

"Who dressed you this morning?" she asks.

I cringe knowing what's coming.

"Your grandma" she says with a laugh.

A few people laugh with her. I usually ignore her but today I was just over it all and I really don't care what I said or did. I had put up with this long enough!

"Jealous my grandma has more taste than you" I say back.

The laughter dies down. Followed by a few ooohs. Clara looks slightly embarrassed but confidently walks over and leans across my desk.

"You don't want to mess with me" she whispers seriously.

"Just leave me alone" I say no longer confident.

"Whatever loser" she says.

"You're so mean to yourself" I mumble under my breath.

"What did you just say?" she asks turning back around.

I don't speak. I don't even breath. The look on her face tells me I've pushed her to far. Today was the first day in a long time that I have stood up for myself. And she is worried I might keep on standing up for myself and gain some friends back. Not that she needs to worry about that. I probably won't with all the rumors she's been spreading.

"That's it" she says throwing her fist into my cheek.

Her punch hurt but it wasn't forceful enough to break any bones. I stood up and pushed her backwards before she could punch me again. She got back up from her fall and pushed me to the ground. She sat on top of me yelling, punching and slapping me. People cheered her on and no one came to help me.

"That's enough!" a males voice yells.

But I didn't recognise the voice which meant it was either a relief teacher or new student.